Good but Norwich City can get even better, reckons Millwall boss Harris
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Millwall chief Neil Harris marvelled at Norwich City’s match-sealing goal but had a word of advice for the Championship leaders.
The relegation-threatened Lions pushed Daniel Farke’s side all the way but Harris admitted the Canaries’ class told at The Den.
“That is the difference. I thought we played really well, really competed. But that is the difference when you play teams at the top. They find that moment of quality,” he said. “Just a piece of really clever play like the third goal. Outstanding, outstanding.
“The weight of pass, the timing of passes, the timing of the run, the finish, as good as you will see at this level. There are some really good teams in this league. This is probably one of the best Championships I have seen.
“Norwich is excellent and what carries them at the moment is their attacking threat is superior in this division. I saw Leeds on Friday and that was a masterclass in pressing and Sheffield United is the best team to come to The Den.
You may also want to watch:
“I think Norwich have the potential, if they shore it up at the back, to go all the way.
“The second goal was a poor one to concede and that hurt us. We get around the six yard box and are not clinical enough.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
“That is the difference with the top teams. First 15 minutes we really put Norwich under pressure.”