Millwall v Norwich City pre-match press conference: Updates from Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke held his pre-match press conference on Friday lunchtime ahead of the Championship trip to Millwall - and our correspondents at Colney had all the headline news.
Nelson Oliveira trained fully earlier on Friday and is in the travelling party for this weekend’s test at the Den after missing the midweek League Cup win with a groin problem. Fellow striker Cameron Jerome, however, is not in Farke’s squad after failing to recover from his groin injury.
“It is not possible for him to travel with us,” said Farke. “He wasn’t able to train. He has done some running and gym work but he has a problem with the groin and hip, when he has to open up the hip he feels some pain. I thought he would be okay for this game. It is not such a big problem. After the two weeks of the break he will be fine.
“Nelson, it looks good today. He was able to take part in our final session and had no problems with the muscle. We’ll see how the groin reacts but I had a short chat with him after training and he seems fine. I think he’ll be available. He will travel to Millwall. Right now, for the past two days it has been much better.”
Marcel Franke has had no adverse reaction to a muscle problem that forced him off against Charlton. Marley Watkins is still feeling a foot problem but will be part of the squad against the Lions.
You may also want to watch:
Farke confirmed Timm Klose will not be involved until after the international break, after stepping up his return to full fitness later in the week following a disrupted start to the new campaign.
“Too soon. Marcel will be able to be there at Millwall,” said Farke. “He was able to train together with us. He didn’t feel any pain. Timm had two sessions with the analysts and today was his first session with the group. He looked good, he looked sharp. We thought about taking him with us to Millwall but the smart decision is not to bring him. We don’t want to take any risks after six weeks out. After the international break he will be totally fine.”
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland
Harry Toffolo will feature for the U23s on Friday night at Carrow Road and Farke has no fresh injury concerns following the midweek cup win over the Addicks, but Matt Jarvis has been ruled out until January at the earliest after undergoing ankle surgery.
Angus Gunn and Harrison Reed come back into the mix after being rested for the League Cup tie. Alex Tettey and Tom Trybull grabbed their chance to impress City’s German head coach against the League One side.
Alex Pritchard, Jamal Lewis and Louis Thompson remain longer term injury absentees
• Re-live updates from the press conference, via the window.