Millwall v Norwich City team news: Nelson Oliveira fit to start for the Canaries at The Den
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nelson Oliveira returns to Norwich City’s starting line-up at Millwall today, after being rested in midweek to protect a groin problem.
The striker, who was recalled to the Portugal squad this week, was left out of the 4-1 win over Charlton in the League Cup as Cameron Jerome also had a groin issue.
With Jerome missing out completely today, it is Marley Watkins who provides cover on the bench, despite having a niggling foot problem himself.
In total head coach Daniel Farke has made four changes from the team which started the 4-2 defeat at Aston Villa last Saturday, with Jerome out and Marco Stipermann, Christoph Zimmermann and Steven Naismith dropping to the bench, and Oliveira, James Maddison, Ivo Pinto and Wes Hoolahan coming in.
Timm Klose is close to full fitness but doesn’t make the bench and Jamal Lewis (knee), Alex Pritchard (ankle), Matt Jarvis (ankle) and Louis Thompson (Achilles) remain the long-term injury victims for the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
Millwall start the same team which drew 0-0 at Bristol City last weekend, with former Canaries striker Steve Morison captain and leading the line on his 250th appearance for the Lions.
Striker Tom Elliott was a doubt for the hosts but is fit enough to make the bench for Neil Harris’s side.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
Norwich (4-1-4-1): Gunn; Pinto, Martin (C), Franke, Husband; Reed; Hoolahan, Vrancic, Maddison, Murphy; Oliveira. Subs: McGovern (GK), Zimmermann, Stiepermann, Trybull, Tettey, Naismith, Watkins
Millwall (4-4-2): Archer; McLaughlin, Webster, Hutchinson, Meredith; Wallace, Saville, Williams, O’Brien; Gregory, Morison (C). Subs: King (GK), Craig, Onyedinma, Ferguson, Tunnicliffe, Elliott, Cooper.
• Follow updates from The Den in our Matchday Blog at pinkun.com/live