Mixed reaction from Norwich City fans to news of potential summer exit of popular midfielder Jonny Howson
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been waking up to news of a potential summer exit for popular midfielder Jonny Howson.
As we revealed exclusively this morning, Howson has rejected a new contract and made it clear he will not pledge his long-term future to the club.
Full story: Jonny Howson wants out at Norwich City
The Yorkshireman is understood to want a return north with his young family, with the 29-year-old having two years of his current contract remaining.
Howson was named player of the season by City fans in 2016 and finished as runner-up this year, with Wes Hoolahan lifting the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy ahead of him.
The former Leeds United captain is widely considered to have been the Canaries’ most consistent player in a tumultuous spell for the club which has included Premier League relegation and a failure to keep pace with the Championship promotion race.
You may also want to watch:
He scored six goals in 38 games last season – including a goal of the season contender against Nottingham Forest – and has made a total of 188 appearances since joining in January 2012, scoring 24 goals.
See above for some of the reaction from City fans.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis