Mixed reaction from Norwich City fans to news of potential summer exit of popular midfielder Jonny Howson
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been waking up to news of a potential summer exit for popular midfielder Jonny Howson.
As we revealed exclusively this morning, Howson has rejected a new contract and made it clear he will not pledge his long-term future to the club.
Full story: Jonny Howson wants out at Norwich City
The Yorkshireman is understood to want a return north with his young family, with the 29-year-old having two years of his current contract remaining.
Howson was named player of the season by City fans in 2016 and finished as runner-up this year, with Wes Hoolahan lifting the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy ahead of him.
The former Leeds United captain is widely considered to have been the Canaries’ most consistent player in a tumultuous spell for the club which has included Premier League relegation and a failure to keep pace with the Championship promotion race.
You may also want to watch:
He scored six goals in 38 games last season – including a goal of the season contender against Nottingham Forest – and has made a total of 188 appearances since joining in January 2012, scoring 24 goals.
See above for some of the reaction from City fans.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 9 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit