Moody fails to prevent replay
NORFOLK SENIOR CUP & ANGLIAN COMBINATION: Diss Town will have to do it all again after they could only draw at home to Downham Town in the third round of the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Diss Town will have to do it all again after they could only draw at home to Downham Town in the third round of the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Downham opened the scoring in the opening minute after Daniel Foulsham scored at the second attempt.
But the Tangerines' were soon level when Danny McKail and Ben Deacon combined before Andy Moody forced the ball home.
Second half chances came and went, with Diss striker Danny Partridge hitting a post and Stephen Wright fluffing a great chance in the dying moments of extra-time, leaving the two sides with replay at Memorial Field tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
Acle United reached the fourth round with a 3-1 third round replay win against Anglian Combination leaders Cromer Town, thanks largely to Ben Morgan's double. A Roy Bevis hat-trick ensured Sheringham joined them as they beat Blofield United 6-2.
In the Suffolk Premier Cup, Beccles Town reached the second round with an impressive win at Ridgeons Division One side Long Melford; Andy Woods and Alan Rembance (2) on target.
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 8 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
Meanwhile, Hempnall won 2-0 at Hindringham in the Anglian Combination Premier Division. Loddon slip to third after losing 4-1 at Holt United; Toby Blowers hitting a hat-trick. Jody Cork's strike was enough for Sprowston Athletic at North Walsham Town, while Brandon Town hit eight at AFC Norwich (Tony Wright 3, Shaun Brown and John Waites 2 and Shane Leach).
It is as you were at the top of Division One, after leaders Mattishall beat St Andrews 5-4 and Horsford beat Wells Town to stay second.
Gayton United hit Sole Bay for nine and Scole United won 5-1 at Attleborough. Stalham drew 1-1 with Wymondham.