More new faces expected at Norwich City
Come in number five, your time is up.
Norwich City fans waiting for news of the club’s fifth summer signing will be hoping the passing of the month of June and the players’ imminent return to training could signal the next burst of transfer activity at Carrow Road.
Manager Paul Lambert has added four names to his senior squad for the Premier League campaign with defender Ritchie De Laet’s season-long loan from Manchester United confirmed a fortnight ago, following a trio of full-time recruits in strikers James Vaughan and Steve Morison and winger Elliott Bennett for fees totalling a reported �5m-plus.
Out-of-contract Leeds United midfielder Bradley Johnson is widely reported to have agreed a three-year deal with the Canaries and to have undergone a medical, but there has been no confirmation from the club of a move for the 24-year-old.
One suggestion is that any deal for Johnson would not be announced until his existing contract at Leeds had run out on June 30, a theory that will be tested now that July is upon us.
You may also want to watch:
Lambert said initially that he wanted to add seven new faces to his senior squad over the summer, ideally before they head to Germany for a pre-season training camp and three friendlies against as yet unnamed opposition.
City travel after they have played the first warm-up match at Gorleston on Saturday, July 16.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
Before that, the City players are set to resume training next week, nine weeks after clinching promotion with a 1-0 win at Portsmouth.
The latest transfer talk has linked City with former on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster, from Newcastle, and Cardiff midfielder Peter Whittingham, first mentioned as a potential target back in May.
Meanwhile Leeds were yesterday reported to be ready to offer Scotland international Robert Snodgrass a new deal following speculation linking the midfielder with the Canaries.