Norwich City loan watch: Canaries duo inspire first MK Dons victory of the season
- Credit: PA
MK Dons victory over Gillingham was inspired by Norwich City loanees and a former Canaries striker to help Russell Martin’s men record their first league win of the season.
Dons have recently bolstered their offensive options by recruiting former City striker Cameron Jerome. The 34-year-old opened the scoring on his first start for the club when he coolly slotted Regan Poole’s pull-back into the net.
The second goal saw City loanee Louis Thompson combine with Jerome before playing Carlton Morris through on goal - the striker confidently finished to cap off a positive afternoon for Martin’s men.
City defender Akin Famewo continues to earn rave reviews at Charlton Athletic - as he impressed once again in their 1-0 win over Wigan Athletic on Saturday.
The commanding centre-back played on the right of a three and helped the Addicks record their second clean sheet in consecutive matches.
You may also want to watch:
Sam McCallum is still awaiting a start following his loan move to Coventry City. The left-back was a second-half substitute in the Sky Blues 2-0 defeat to promotion-chasing Brentford.
The 19-year-old played on the right after replacing Josh Pask. McCallum provided Mark Robins’ side with an outlet that was lacking in the first period of the fixture.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
A coronavirus outbreak at Waasland-Beveren, which has seen 16 members of the clubs first-team squad and staff infected by the virus, saw their game against KV Oostende postponed - meaning Danel Sinani and Melvin Sitti weren’t in action this weekend.
Rocky Bushiri missed KV Mechelen’s 2-1 loss to Kortrijk after testing positive for Covid-19 earlier in the week. The Belgium under-21 international is self-isolating.
Philip Heise played 88 minutes of Karlschuer’s 3-0 victory over SV Sandhausen on Saturday. The left-back recorded an assist for the third goal - crossing for Christoph Kobald to seal the victory for the hosts.
Elsewhere - Aidan Fitzpatrick played the entirety of the Queen of the South’s 2-1 defeat to Ayr in the Scottish Championship.
On loan City duo Archie Mair and Simon Power both featured as King’s Lynn Town were beaten 2-1 by Weymouth in the National League.