Mousehold and Taverham draw
Mousehold Reserves 1, Taverham 1In this Division Two game, Taverham proved early on they were going to be a tough team to beat, using their height and tackling aggressively, not afraid to chase the ball.
Mousehold Reserves 1, Taverham 1
In this Division Two game, Taverham proved early on they were going to be a tough team to beat, using their height and tackling aggressively, not afraid to chase the ball.
After just eight minutes they scored when they got a corner, the ball was knocked out but not far enough, and a Taverham player on the far corner of the box caught the ball, spun and shot and the ball caught the inside of a post.
The keeper Rob Stibbon continued his performance from last week, pulling off some good saves, and defenders Jason Brooks, James Earley, Nick Tyrrell and Barry Woods proved their worth as Taverham continued to drive the ball up the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty-five minutes in a Taverham player blatantly tried put the ball into the net with his hand, and was awarded a yellow for his efforts.
The Mousehold keeper collided with a Taverham player in the air towards the end of the first half, and for a while it was unclear whether he would be able to continue, but when the players returned to the field after the break, he returned with them.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
Thirteen minutes into the second half and it was the Taverham keeper, having collided with Fraser McLean, who took an injury and was substituted.
It was only three minutes after the game restarted, on 65 minutes, when Chris Vines scored his second goal of the season. He took the ball from a corner clearance at Mousehold's end, running the length of the pitch, beating two defenders, passing the ball, taking it back, and beating the keeper to put it into the back of the net.
Two minutes later Andy Brown came on for Fraser, and four minutes later Mousehold were down to 10 men, when Nick Tyrrell lost his cool and was sent off.
Despite being down to 10 men for the last 25 minutes of the game, you wouldn't have known it, because Mousehold battled so hard, and had the better chances.
A couple more changes, with Josh McBride and Ben Jacob coming on for James Earley and Dan Tolliday towards the end of the game unfortunately didn't produce any further goals for Mousehold and the game finished 1-1.
Man of the match was awarded to Matt Taylor.