Mousehold defeat in tough conditions
UEA RESERVES 2, MOUSEHOLD 0: In this Division One game, rain and strong winds dominated throughout the game making for tough playing conditions.
UEA scored from a penalty given against Craig Rudd just over 20 minutes into the game, which Mousehold felt was rather harsh as Craig got the ball from the tackle.
With both the wind and the run of luck against them it was a dispirited and somewhat exhausted Mousehold side that came off at half-time, and the captain Brett Macey commented that the speed of the ball, carried by the wind, was taking it out of the players.
The second half did not bring the respite that the players had hoped, as while they created a lot of good chances, they were just unable to get the finish they needed.
It fell to the UEA again to find the back of the net 10 minutes before the end when a scuffed shot over-extended the keeper and caught the inside of the post to ricochet into the goal.
You may also want to watch:
It was a tough game, and Mousehold just didn’t get the break they needed, despite a much better performance than they showed in their first game of the season.
Man of the Match was awarded to Chris Hayes.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
- 10 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper