Mousehold in fine form
Mousehold 4, UEA Reserves 1UEA were plainly struggling for players, as they turned up with just the eleven, and no linesman for this Division One game.
Mousehold 4, UEA Reserves 1
UEA were plainly struggling for players, as they turned up with just the eleven, and no linesman for this Division One game.
This was a bad day to take on Mousehold with anything but your best players, because the team was in high spirits and playing extremely well.
The game started fairly evenly with chances at both ends, but nothing too eventful. However, Mousehold were pushing UEA, and after 22 minutes a UEA defender handled the ball in the area handing a penalty. Andy Brown took it, and with no hesitation put it straight in the bottom left corner.
You may also want to watch:
This added a massive boost to the players, and Mousehold waited only three minutes before scoring their second; Ben Jacob hit the ball backwards over his head and into the goal - a lovely finish.
And just one minute later he did it again - a long ball came in from the back, the UEA defence hesitated, Ben beat the keeper to the ball and headed it over him and into the net. UEA appeared to be in shock, with the goals coming fast and furious; this was not a position they often find themselves in.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
Mousehold's fourth goal came on 38 minutes when Andy Brown set Chris Daniels up perfectly switching from left to right, and Chris put the ball across goal into the bottom left corner.
After the break Mousehold had a little reminder that UEA are not to be underestimated, when after just one minute they got a goal back. Mousehold reorganised and got back into the game but the chances continued at both ends, with Mousehold's top scorers all hoping for an extra goal or two to help their cause for the trophy this year, and UEA desperately trying to get back in the game.
Later in the half manager Ryan Slatford made some changes, taking off tired legs, but the score remained unchanged, and Man of the Match awarded to Ben Jacob, and a great end to the season for Mousehold.