Mousehold in fine form
Mousehold 4, UEA Reserves 1UEA were plainly struggling for players, as they turned up with just the eleven, and no linesman for this Division One game.
Mousehold 4, UEA Reserves 1
UEA were plainly struggling for players, as they turned up with just the eleven, and no linesman for this Division One game.
This was a bad day to take on Mousehold with anything but your best players, because the team was in high spirits and playing extremely well.
The game started fairly evenly with chances at both ends, but nothing too eventful. However, Mousehold were pushing UEA, and after 22 minutes a UEA defender handled the ball in the area handing a penalty. Andy Brown took it, and with no hesitation put it straight in the bottom left corner.
You may also want to watch:
This added a massive boost to the players, and Mousehold waited only three minutes before scoring their second; Ben Jacob hit the ball backwards over his head and into the goal - a lovely finish.
And just one minute later he did it again - a long ball came in from the back, the UEA defence hesitated, Ben beat the keeper to the ball and headed it over him and into the net. UEA appeared to be in shock, with the goals coming fast and furious; this was not a position they often find themselves in.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
Mousehold's fourth goal came on 38 minutes when Andy Brown set Chris Daniels up perfectly switching from left to right, and Chris put the ball across goal into the bottom left corner.
After the break Mousehold had a little reminder that UEA are not to be underestimated, when after just one minute they got a goal back. Mousehold reorganised and got back into the game but the chances continued at both ends, with Mousehold's top scorers all hoping for an extra goal or two to help their cause for the trophy this year, and UEA desperately trying to get back in the game.
Later in the half manager Ryan Slatford made some changes, taking off tired legs, but the score remained unchanged, and Man of the Match awarded to Ben Jacob, and a great end to the season for Mousehold.