Mousehold ship seven
Mousehold 1, Yelverton 7After last week's embarrassing result, missing key players on the week they played the team 10 points clear at the top of the table was far from Mousehold's finest hour.
Mousehold 1, Yelverton 7
After last week's embarrassing result, missing key players on the week they played the team 10 points clear at the top of the table was far from Mousehold's finest hour.
It was just two minutes into the game when Yelverton scored their first goal. Gareth Crick tried to hold the Yelverton player up, but he hit it high instead over Gareth's head. The keeper, Howard Davis, had came out anticipating a one-on-one, but the ball went over him too - he jumped for it but it arched over his head and landed in the back of the net.
On eight minutes Howard leapt up to catch another high ball, but despite getting his hands to it, it slipped through and into the net. On 20 minutes Mousehold managed to get a goal back, with Andy Brown crossing for Ian Hipperson who had a shot on goal which was saved by the keeper. The keeper threw the ball out, the Yelverton player passed it across to the other side, but Brett Macey intercepted, crossed it diagonally right to left to Dwayne Batley who headed it neatly into the back post.
You may also want to watch:
Mousehold now picked the pace up a little, the goal giving them hope, but on 45 minutes Yelverton put another one in. It was a series of mistakes from Mousehold; Brett had a throw in but Yelverton were straight on it - Brett threw to Gareth, who passed back to Brett under pressure, who passed back to Gareth with the opposition bearing down on him, who still wasn't free and passed it on again in a hurry. Finally it made it to Tom Spillane.who was also facing a charging Yelverton player. He tried to hoof it down the pitch to get it out of danger, but it hit the player straight on and rebounded behind Tom. The Yelverton player ran on, Howard came out to tackle him, but the player and the ball both went over him and the ball found the back of the net for 3-1.
The second half didn't get much better, Yelverton scored on 48 minutes and then again on 55 minutes. 60 minutes in and Brett Macey came off for James Earley. Six minutes later Yelverton took advantage of more poor defending to make it 6-1. The final goal came on 77 minutes, Howard got his hand to it but the deflection still caught the inside of the post to go in. At this point Billy Bowden and Ian Hipperson both came off, and Bruno Pinto and Chris Vines came on, but despite some chances there were no further goals forthcoming, and the game finished 7-1 to Yelverton.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 10 Young Canaries suffer last-gasp defeat in first game of 2021
Man of the Match was given to Chris Daniels.