Mousehold through in cup
Mousehold 2, Thorpe Village 0The first round of the Shoetraders Cup was played in extremely difficult conditions to say the least!Mousehold missed many changes in the first half to take the lead early on, the conditions making any co-ordinated play difficult.
Mousehold 2, Thorpe Village 0
The first round of the Shoetraders Cup was played in extremely difficult conditions to say the least!
Mousehold missed many changes in the first half to take the lead early on, the conditions making any co-ordinated play difficult.
However Mousehold's frustrations were finally over on 40 minutes when Chris Daniels latched on to a headed clearance from Thorpe and managed to hit it into the far corner from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started in much the same conditions with Mousehold continuing to push but still managing to make the game difficult for themselves and failing to score.
With about 15 minutes to go Thorpe broke with Mousehold claiming offside. The ref did not give it, but the Thorpe player had already stopped in his tracks, anticipating the whistle … and the Mousehold players were able to get back and clear the ball before the confusion was sorted out - frustrating in the extreme for Thorpe but a godsend for Mousehold.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return
With five minutes to go Thorpe cleared the ball only for Craig Lambert to run onto it and drill it in from 25 yards out.
Scorer Chris Daniels had to come off injured with a few minutes to go, and with Mousehold already having used all their subs they finished to game with 10 men.
It was a convincing 2-0 win, and the man-of-the-match award went to Chris D for his outstanding performance and persistence.