Mousehold through in cup
Mousehold 2, Thorpe Village 0The first round of the Shoetraders Cup was played in extremely difficult conditions to say the least!Mousehold missed many changes in the first half to take the lead early on, the conditions making any co-ordinated play difficult.
Mousehold 2, Thorpe Village 0
The first round of the Shoetraders Cup was played in extremely difficult conditions to say the least!
Mousehold missed many changes in the first half to take the lead early on, the conditions making any co-ordinated play difficult.
However Mousehold's frustrations were finally over on 40 minutes when Chris Daniels latched on to a headed clearance from Thorpe and managed to hit it into the far corner from the edge of the box.
The second half started in much the same conditions with Mousehold continuing to push but still managing to make the game difficult for themselves and failing to score.
With about 15 minutes to go Thorpe broke with Mousehold claiming offside. The ref did not give it, but the Thorpe player had already stopped in his tracks, anticipating the whistle … and the Mousehold players were able to get back and clear the ball before the confusion was sorted out - frustrating in the extreme for Thorpe but a godsend for Mousehold.
- 1 'Why are the disillusioned leaving their calling card by way of an empty seat?'
- 2 Chris Sutton: Pukki is a Norwich legend... Now they must keep him
- 3 Ian Clarke: Time for City to end miserable season with a big scalp
- 4 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in West Brom's Kipre
- 6 Teemu Pukki named as Norwich City Player of the Season
- 7 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 8 Canaries on the right track with Dean Smith, insists Zimmermann
- 9 PODCAST: A City point to discuss as attentions turn to next season
- 10 City old boy Martin rebuffed job interest amid Watford reports
With five minutes to go Thorpe cleared the ball only for Craig Lambert to run onto it and drill it in from 25 yards out.
Scorer Chris Daniels had to come off injured with a few minutes to go, and with Mousehold already having used all their subs they finished to game with 10 men.
It was a convincing 2-0 win, and the man-of-the-match award went to Chris D for his outstanding performance and persistence.