Mulbarton win top-of-table clash
Mulbarton 3, Long Stratton 1
MULBARTON Ladies played Long Stratton Ladies in a top-of-the-table clash.
As the league stood before the game Mulbarton were on level points with Long Stratton at the top of the table, however Long Stratton had a game in hand.
Both teams knew how important the game was and both turned up wanting to win.
Neither side dominated the first half, with each team missing early chances to take the lead. The teams went in level at half time 0-0. After an effective team talk, Mulbarton came out on top and after five minutes Natalie Quinn’s excellent through ball set up Ashley Ward to score Mulbarton’s opening goal.
You may also want to watch:
Long Stratton were not holding back though and continued to pile on the pressure, with end-to-end football.
Mulbarton took their chances with Ashley Ward’s shot being mis-cleared from the defence, resulting in an own goal.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 3 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 7 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 8 Connor Southwell: Sorting Todd’s contract is City’s next big mission
- 9 'There isn't one team that stands out' - Bees' boss on promotion fight
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return
Long Stratton were not giving up without a fight and continued to pressurise Mulbarton’s defence, after a superb save from Sinead Ennis, Mulbarton broke with a fantastic run down the left wing by Nicky Hazell the ball was passed into Ashley Ward in centre midfield who then slotted the ball through the Long Stratton defence to release Sarah Woodrow, and Sarah placed the ball in the back of the net to make it 3-0.
Long Stratton continually looked dangerous on the break, with a very quick midfield.
At 75 minutes Mulbartons defence was stretched resulting in a Long Stratton corner, Long Stratton capitalised on this opportunity and scored a fantastic goal to make the score 3-1.
Neither teams were prepared to give up; the end-to-end football was outstanding right till the final whistle.
The final score was Mulbarton 3, Long Stratton 1.
Credit to both teams some excellent football was on show.
A big congratulations to Katie Utting on her debut game for Mulbarton.