Mulryne won’t commit
CHRIS LAKEY Ex-Canaries midfielder Phil Mulryne's trial spell with Bournemouth appears to be over.Mulryne featured in four pre-season games for the Cherries but opted out of the club's training camp this week.
Ex-Canaries midfielder Phil Mulryne's trial spell with Bournemouth appears to be over.
Mulryne featured in four pre-season games for the Cherries but opted out of the club's training camp this week.
“I spoke to Phil after the game and said I would try to do something for him in the very short term, subject to us being able to agree financially,” said manager Kevin Bond, who had taken the Northern Irishman a trial after almost two years with just a handful of games under his belt.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to see what improvement there was in him because, as he told me himself, he had more to offer than he had been able to show.
“He was still getting his fitness levels up and was struggling with a hamstring in his last game so couldn't do himself as much justice as he would have liked.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
“I told him he had a future to look after and had to do the right thing for himself and his family. I left him with those thoughts and told him that if he wanted to take me up on it then he would have to call me back.
“He hasn't so he must be seeing if he can sort something out a little bit more secure for himself and I understand that.”