Nap-hand joy for Dereham
Dereham Town 5, Harwich and Parkeston 1: Dereham recorded their first league win of the season with a comprehensive victory at Aldiss Park. Beaumont went close early on before visiting keeper Bewok was fortunate to claw a loose ball from Terrington as he homed in on goal.
Dereham Town 5, Harwich and Parkeston 1
Dereham recorded their first league win of the season with a comprehensive victory at Aldiss Park.
Beaumont went close early on before visiting keeper Bewok was fortunate to claw a loose ball from Terrington as he homed in on goal.
However, the home side were soon in front when Simon Mowbray coolly slotted home after receiving Beaumont's pass in the sixth minute.
You may also want to watch:
With space to play the Magpies started to dominate with the Harwich defence forced to keep the lively hosts at bay.
In the 19th minute Beaumont set up Ollie Willis down the right with the full-back thumping a 20-yard shot inches wide.
- 1 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 7-0 mauling at Chelsea
- 3 NCFC LIVE: Canaries thrashed 7-0 at Chelsea
- 4 'Embarrassing' - Farke on woeful 7-0 City rout at Chelsea
- 5 Farke on Cantwell Chelsea absence
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' abject 7-0 Chelsea defeat
- 7 ‘Men against boys’ - Pundits batter City for awful effort at Chelsea
- 8 CHELSEA 7 CANARIES 0 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 9 ‘Too easy’ - Hanley apologises to City fans for implosion at Chelsea
- 10 Cantwell on target in City U23s win
Dereham were having the lion's share of possession and skipper Gusterson failed to convert a cross from centre-back Williams who had popped up on the left wing.
Bewok had to be alert to save a powerful Terrington drive before Harris shot tamely over the top.
Visiting defender Lamb made a great tackle to deny Harris deep in the Harwich half.
The second goal continued to remain elusive until shortly before half time when an intended cross by Craig Terrington from the left sailed over the keeper and into the net.
The pattern of play continued after the break and in the 51st minute Harris nodded the ball wide at the near post from a Terrington cross.
Bewok produced a fine stop from Harris before Mowbray guided the ball over the top from point-blank range.
Against the run of play, Harwich reduced the deficit when Darrin Bethall chipped Higgs from 20 yards although the Dereham keeper managed to get a hand to the ball in the 62nd minute.
Dereham regained their two-goal cushion in the 68th minute when Danny Beaumont netted with one of his trademark curling free-kicks that left the visiting keeper stranded.
Dereham increased their lead when Danny Beaumont scored again from the penalty spot in the 78th minute after Adam Gusterson had been brought down.
Gusterson, who had enjoyed a fine match, coolly slotted home in the 85th minute to complete Dereham's nap hand and seal a fine victory.