STARTING XIs: Pukki misses out for City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teemu Pukki is the headline absence for Norwich City in Tuesday's Championship game against Huddersfield.
Pukki was scheduled for an x-ray on a bruised foot on Monday, which head coach Dean Smith had labelled 'precautionary' at his pre-match press call.
But Josh Sargent gets the nod, with Pukki's place in the squad taken by Jordan Hugill.
Kenny McLean retains his place at left-back in a defensive four, after finishing Saturday's 2-1 Championship defeat at Hull deputising for Jacob Sorensen.
Sorensen suffered a stress fracture to his foot, joining regular left back options Dimi Giannoulis (ankle) and Sam McCallum (foot) on the sidelines.
Danel Sinani makes his first league start of the season against the club he helped reach last season's play-off final, with Milot Rashica dropping to the bench.
Former Norwich loan striker Jordan Rhodes is on the bench for the Terriers.
- 1 PRESSER: Norwich City v Bristol City - latest squad news
- 2 City shareholders pass resolutions; Mark Attanasio to join the board
- 3 Honest Martin opens up on City failure
- 4 Canaries' trip to Burnley rescheduled for October
- 5 Sturdy Canaries no longer a soft touch
- 6 Dean Smith pays his tribute to Her Majesty
- 7 Smith ready for joust with wily Pearson
- 8 Canaries set for Bristol clash after EFL confirm resumption of fixtures
- 9 Klose guaranteed warm City welcome
- 10 Explained: What City shareholders will vote on this evening
Young winger Tony Springett played 61 minutes for the Canaries' under-21 side against Leeds yesterday after rolling his ankle before the final leg of first-team pre-season.
He's made three appearances for the senior side and is expected to return to first-team training upon full recovery from his injury.
- Click here to view our NCFC Live blog, bringing you minute-by-minute updates from Carrow Road, or access it via the Pink Un+ app on your mobile device. Take out a FREE trial here to try out our subscriber exclusive debate and analysis.
Norwich City (4-2-3-1): Krul, Aarons, Omobamidele, Hanley (C), McLean, Gibbs, Nunez, Sinani, Dowell, Cantwell, Sargent. Subs: Gunn (GK), Gibson, Rashica, Hugill, Sara, Ramsey, Hernandez.
Huddersfield Town (3-4-3): Nicholls, Turton, Hogg (C), Thomas, Ruffels, Kesler-Hayden, Holmes, Rudoni, Ward, Lees, Nakayama. Subs: Chapman (GK), Russell, Rhodes, Koroma, Boyle, Camara, Jones.
Referee: Josh Smith