PODCAST: A City point to discuss as attentions turn to next season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City may have earned a point on the road against Wolverhampton Wanderers, but there are still plenty of issues to deal with ahead of next season's Championship campaign.
Our Canaries correspondents discussed City's 1-1 draw at Molineux, their players of the season, Teemu Pukki and how to get fans back on side next season.
Chief Norwich City reporter Connor Southwell hosted specialist City reporter Samuel Seaman and group football editor Paddy Davitt on the Pink Un podcast, and Davitt believes that Norwich should already be considering Pukki's future.
He said: "Regarding the contractual status, I’m pretty sure those conversations will already have been had and will continue.
"Ultimately, you don’t want a scenario where 12 months from now he’s a free agent and he goes, particularly if it’s off the back of a successful season.
"I think that if he’s still showing that there’s no diminishing of his powers next season, he’s still scoring goals, he’s still pivotal to how Norwich play, then you tie him down for longer.
"There aren’t too many Teemu Pukki’s around, particularly in Norwich’s price range, and the chances of them finding another one this season are pretty limited I would think.
- 1 City's first home game selected for TV coverage
- 2 Norwich City unveil their new home kit
- 3 Neil hones in on City Championship reunion
- 4 City gem Aarons advised not to follow the money
- 5 Chris Sutton: The City trio who need to perform in pre-season
- 6 Teemu Pukki's future: The inside track from Finland
- 7 'Seriously special' - City fans rave over new home kit
- 8 New Norwich City deal will allow pre-match Carrow Road light shows
- 9 City announce academy pre-season schedule
- 10 'Teemu has a desire to play as high as possible' - Pukki's agent on City future
"You won’t get better than him, so you keep him, build around him again. Then, if everything falls into place, they’ll be in the Premier League in 12 months’ time and Pukki will still be in and around it.
"Albeit the narrative will probably shift at that point, given his age, to succession planning."
- You can listen to the latest episode of the Pink Un Podcast above - and don't forget to hit the SUBSCRIBE button to ensure every episode downloads via your chosen podcast provider
Join Canaries legend, and Pink Un+ columnist, Chris Sutton, Paddy and Connor to discuss all the hot topics around Norwich City at Epic Studios, in Norwich, on May 24.
Tickets are available here.