Springett returns in City under-21s' draw with Leeds
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City winger Tony Springett made his first appearance since being injured in pre-season, playing 61 minutes as the Canaries' under-21s drew 2-2 with Leeds United.
Springett rolled his ankle in training the day before Dean Smith's side were scheduled to travel to Scotland to complete the final leg of their summer preparation schedule.
He's been included in first-team training since late last season, when his enthusiastic cameos provided a bright spark in a dark period for City fans.
He's now made three senior appearances for Norwich, whose development side he last appeared for in May's play-off penalty shoot-out defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Joining him in Alan Neilson's starting 11 was centre-back Jonathan Tomkinson, who made his senior debut against Birmingham City last Tuesday in the Carabao Cup.
The American scored an own goal to level that game, but has generally impressed behind the scenes at the Lotus Training Centre.
City came from behind twice to take a point at Thorp Arch, a double from Abu Kamara earning an entertaining score draw.
- 1 Smith spells out Sara challenge
- 2 'It is really distressing' - Dimi opens up on injury pain
- 3 Injury blow for City ace Omobamidele
- 4 Jonathan Blathwayt: Why are fans feeling underwhelmed by Norwich City?
- 5 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 6 PODCAST: Turning up the volume at Carrow Road
- 7 'We're a different animal' - City Women boss delighted after latest win
- 8 Former City striker sacked as Cardiff boss
- 9 'Only the beginning' - City executive director on investor Attanasio
- 10 Chris Sutton: Worry about the Premier League when City get out of the Championship
Mateo Regatillo and Sonny Perkins got the goals for United, as Tomkinson played the first half before being replaced by Sean Stewart.
Leeds United: Christy (GK), Drameh, Carole (Moore 86’), Mullen, Hjelde, Forshaw (C) (Gyabi 45’), Perkins (Allen 75’), Greenwood, Joseph, Klich, Summerville. Subs not used: Brooke (GK), Jenkins.
Norwich: Azaiya (GK), Watt, Shipley, Tomkinson (C), Warner, Brooke, Kamara, Riley, Dickson-Peters (Thorn 82’), Omotoye (Coker 86’), Springett (Duffy 60’). Subs not used: Campbell, Stewart.
On target: 4-3