Canaries confirm recruitment chief is joining Boro
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Norwich City have confirmed that head of recruitment Kieran Scott will be joining Championship side Middlesbrough next month.
The Canaries released a statement this lunchtime, saying: "Norwich City can confirm that head of recruitment Kieran Scott will leave the club at the end of August.
"Scott will depart to take up a new position at Sky Bet Championship club Middlesbrough.
"He joined Norwich as head of domestic scouting from Burnley in April 2017, before progressing into the head of recruitment role later that year.
"All at Norwich City would like to thank Kieran for his contributions to the club. We wish him well in his future endeavours.
"Norwich City will issue a further update on the club’s recruitment team in due course."
The Canaries are understood to have a succession plan in place, with no plans to bring in a direct replacement from outside of the club.
Scott, who had expressed his desire to become a sporting director, is believed to have taken a less active role in the recruitment strategy for the current transfer window after a report of his move to Boro emerged in June.
- 1 Smith joins Lambert, O'Neill and Howson at anniversary lunch for City owners and Foulger
- 2 PRESSER: Newcastle v City - Normann ruled out
- 3 Six things you might have missed from City's encouraging draw with Wolves
- 4 Terri Westgate: City could make those hasty predictions look very silly
- 5 Mumba on target as City youngsters thrash Wolves
- 6 'A happy man' - Gilmour eyes success with City and Scotland
- 7 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 8 City out to spoil 'trailblazer' Howe's home bow
- 9 Chris Goreham: We're Norwich City fans and we don't like change - or do we?
- 10 City squad now believe - Smith