Loan deals agreed for young Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have loaned out two of their young players.
Forward Diallang Jaiyesimi has joined League Two Swindon Town on a season-long deal while goalkeeper Aston Oxborough has joined National League South Wealdstone until January.
Jaiyesimi, 21, joined City in January 2016 from Dulwich Hamlet and played regularly for the Under-18s and Under-23s before moving on loan to Grimsby Town for the 2017-18 season, scoring once in 34 games at Blundell Park.
He began last season on loan at Yeovil Town and made an impressive start with two goals in his first nine appearances, but an anterior cruciate knee ligament injury ruled him out for the remainder of the campaign in October.
He made his return to action for the Under-23s in a friendly defeat to Leyton Orient last weekend, scoring City's only goal in a 2-1 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Jaiyesimi could make his debut for Swindon this weekend as they begin their League Two campaign away to Scunthorpe United.
Confirmation of his move comes a few days after the deal was announced over Swindon's PA system during an open training session at the County Ground in front of hundreds of fans, ahead of a friendly against local side Melksham.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
City also confirmed that midfielder Alfie Payne had joined King's Lynn Town on a season-long loan.