Norwich City loan watch: Epic cup encounters for Canaries duo
- Credit: PA
Two of Norwich City’s loanees were involved in epic cup encounters last night – setting up a Wembley date for defender Sean Raggett.
Portsmouth hosted League Two side Exeter City in the EFL Trophy semi-finals last night and were trailing 2-1 going into the final minute of normal time, after a burst of goals in quick succession.
However injury-time goals from John Marquis and former Norwich City academy midfielder Cameron McGeehan snatched the win and sent Pompey back to Wembley, having beaten Sunderland on penalties in last season's Trophy final.
Since early December Raggett has been an ever-present for Kenny Jackett, starting and finishing the last 17 matches in all competitions for the League One promotion hopefuls.
Pompey will face a League Two side in the final at Wembley on Sunday, April 5, with Newport County hosting Salford City this evening.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a Scottish Cup quarter-final awaits for Canaries defender Akin Famewo with St Mirren.
The centre-back played the full game as the Buddies surged into a 4-1 lead at Motherwell, only to allow their Scottish Premiership rivals to draw level to take the game to penalties.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
St Mirren won the shoot-out 3-2 to progress, to set up a home tie with Aberdeen or Kilmarnock in the quarter-finals, who play tonight.
- You can also watch the latest episode of our Terrace Talk fanzine above, ahead of City's trip to Wolves on Sunday