Norwich City loan watch: Weekend of important wins for Canaries players
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
It’s been a great weekend for most of Norwich City’s loan stable, with important wins and valuable appearances in league and cup competitions.
Akin Famewo made his second Scottish Premiership appearance in quick succession for St Mirren, following up a 1-0 defeat in front of almost 50,000 spectators at Rangers in midweek with a 0-0 home draw with Aberdeen this afternoon, with the defender playing the full 90 minutes in both games.
On Saturday, centre-back Sean Raggett played the full 90 minutes as Portsmouth won 4-2 at home against struggling Championship side Barnsley in the FA Cup fourth round - which sees Pompey join Norwich in the draw for the fifth round.
If that tie were to be drawn then Raggett would not be able to feature against his parent club, having become a regular for Kenny Jackett's promotion hopefuls, also playing all of a 2-1 home win over Scunthorpe in midweek which has set up an EFL Trophy semi-final against Exeter.
Another central defender, Rocky Bushiri, played all of a 3-1 win at Royal Excel Mouscron as Sint-Truidense made it back-to-back wins to move up to ninth in the Belgian top flight.
You may also want to watch:
Back in England, Diallang Jaiyesimi played a key role as Swindon remained top of League Two with a 3-0 home win over Port Vale, the forward's shot opening the scoring but officially going down as an own goal because of a deflection.
Young defender Timi Odusina went straight into the Hartlepool United team and played all of a 2-0 home win over Stockport, helping to close the gap to the play-off places to just three points as the Pools kept a clean sheet on his debut.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
Irish winger Simon Power claimed an assist as he helped King's Lynn Town remain four points clear at the top of the National League North table with a 3-0 win at Blyth Spartans, playing 73 minutes before being replaced, although Alfie Payne was an unused substitute.
Billy Johnson made a fine save during the first half but Braintree were beaten 1-0 at home by Slough Town in National League South.
While on Friday, in Holland, midfielder Charlie Gilmour made his 21st appearance of the season as Telstar won 1-0 at home to TOP Oss to stretch their unbeaten run to four games and move into the play-off places in the second tier.
- You can watch the goal that Jaiyesimi was involved in for Swindon in the video above, which would have been the 20-year-old's third in 15 games for the Robins