Norwich City transfer rumours: PSG striker on the radar
- Credit: Archant
Paris Saint-Germain youngster Alexandre Fressange has reportedly been pursued by Norwich City, with the striker’s time with the French giants said to be coming to an end.
The 19-year-old has so far rejected one proposal from the Canaries, according to TV station RMC Sport, as he could be allowed to leave by the super rich Parisians - having featured during pre-season with the first team when he was just 17.
The French youngster caught the eye when scoring three goals in three games for PSG’s development squad in the Premier League International Cup group stages this season, against the U23s of Liverpool, Wolves and Athletic Bilbao.
He also featured regularly during 10 appearances for the U19s in the Uefa Youth League, scoring once. However, in 2018 he had featured in the International Champions Cup pre-season tournament for Thomas Tuchel’s first team, making appearances as a substitute against Bayern Munich, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid.
He was pictured training with the first team alongside superstars Kylian Mbappe and Neymar in February, prior to football’s suspension due to the coronavirus pandemic in March which led to PSG being crowned champions for the seventh time in eight seasons, but hasn’t made a senior appearance.
You may also want to watch:
VERDICT: One that seems out of City’s reach for the moment but one they may be hopeful of signing if they can retain Premier League status and Fressange does leave PSG.
The Canaries have already shown they are interested in French talent, with the signing of midfielder Melvin Sitti from second-tier side Sochaux in January, who joins this summer after returning on loan initially.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
City scouts have also been active across the border in Belgium, signing youth internationals Rocky Bushiri and Rob Nizet last summer, as the club continues to try and make the most of its academy set-up to keep talent flowing into the first team.