City forward closing in on Huddersfield loan move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Limited
Huddersfield Town are closing in on the loan signing of Norwich City forward Danel Sinani.
The Terriers are in talks to land the 24-year-old for the 2021/22 campaign with the Canaries keen for the Luxembourg international to get regular football at a Championship level.
Sinani, who arrived at Norwich on a free transfer in April 2020, spent last season on loan with Belgian side Waasland-Beveren, scoring four goals in 21 appearances.
Huddersfield want to strengthen their forward wide areas and have identified Sinani as someone who can provide ammunition for their strikers, including Jordan Rhodes, in a 4-3-3 formation that manager Carlos Corberan likes to employ.
Sinani admitted earlier this summer that he would be open to a Championship loan move.
“I can only say that I have watched several Norwich City matches (last season) and the level in the Championship is very good,” he said. “Yes, I could imagine playing there. But at present such mind games are pure speculation.”
City recently beat Huddersfield 2-0 in a pre-season friendly thanks to goals from Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah.
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 4 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 5 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 6 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
- 7 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 8 So where's Norwich City's next point coming from?
- 9 Hanley will answer City critics
- 10 Robin Sainty: Not the reaction City boss hoped for...