Nelson Oliveira kicks off international action for Norwich City’s players with Portugal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
International action begins for some of Norwich City’s players today, as the Canaries enjoy a Championship break.
Nelson Oliveira will hope to make his return for Portugal when they host Faroe Islands in Group B of World Cup qualifying (7.45pm) after the striker received his first call-up in almost two years.
The City star will be hoping to add to his 16 caps for the European champions, with another chance following in Hungary on Monday (7.45pm), with Portugal currently three points behind group leaders Switzerland.
Young winger Glenn Middleton is also set to be in action with Scotland Under-19s during a friendly tournament in Serbia, starting today against the hosts (4pm), before facing Ukraine tomorrow (4pm) and playing a final match of the tournament on Monday.
Tomorrow it’s the turn of goalkeeper Angus Gunn as England U21s travel to face Netherlands U21s (5pm) as Aidy Boothroyd’s side begin qualification for the 2019 European U21 Championships. Another qualifiers follow on Monday, against Latvia in Bournemouth (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
Three of City’s players could be in action as Scotland continue World Cup qualifying in Lithuania. Russell Martin and Steven Naismith are joined by new club-mate Grant Hanley, after he completed his £3.5m switch from Newcastle, as the Scots try to keep their Group F hopes alive. A home clash with Malta follows on Monday (both 7.45pm).
City keeper Michael McGovern could be in action on Friday as Northern Ireland continue their Group C World Cup qualification campaign in San Marino, ahead of a home clash with Czech Republic in Belfast on Monday (both 7.45pm).
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
Wes Hoolahan heads to Georgia on Saturday (5pm) with Republic of Ireland, as Group D continues, ahead of a tough home encounter with Serbia on Tuesday (7.45pm).
Marley Watkins is hoping to win his first Wales cap on Saturday when Wales host Austria, also in Group D, before Chris Coleman’s team travel to Moldova on Tuesday (both 7.45pm).
Academy striker Brandon Oddy is also with Wales U19s for friendly games against Iceland in Rhyl on Saturday (3pm) and Monday (5pm).