New chief's final plea over rebates
Canaries new chief executive David McNally has issued a plea to season ticket holders who are wavering over their rebate ahead of tomorrow's deadline. Season ticket holders are entitled to a discount following relegation - but the right and wrongs of claiming it have caused divisions among fans.
Canaries new chief executive David McNally has issued a plea to season ticket holders who are wavering over their rebate ahead of tomorrow's deadline.
Season ticket holders are entitled to a discount following relegation - but the right and wrongs of claiming it have caused divisions among fans.
Director Michael Foulger has offered to match pound for pound any rebates not claimed - with the money going straight into Bryan Gunn's playing budget. One fans' group claimed that was "emotional blackmail."
McNally has arrived at Carrow Road in the eye of the storm, and last night asked fans - almost 18,500 of whom have season tickets - to consider their next move carefully.
You may also want to watch:
"I would appeal to those who have yet to claim their rebate to consider not claiming it, if they can afford to in these challenging economic times," he said.
"Every pound left in will increase our chances of assembling a squad capable of matching our ambition to get us promoted back to the Championship.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
"Bryan has identified players with the right winning mentality and commitment required to represent Norwich City and we will be working hard together to bring new signings into the squad over the summer.
"We'd like to sincerely thank all of our season ticket holders for signing up next year, regardless of whether they have claimed their rebate or not. We will provide a summary of the rebate process next week, once all the forms have been processed."
Supporters wishing to claim their season ticket rebates must return their forms to the club by the close of business tomorrow.