New chief's final plea over rebates
Canaries new chief executive David McNally has issued a plea to season ticket holders who are wavering over their rebate ahead of tomorrow's deadline. Season ticket holders are entitled to a discount following relegation - but the right and wrongs of claiming it have caused divisions among fans.
Canaries new chief executive David McNally has issued a plea to season ticket holders who are wavering over their rebate ahead of tomorrow's deadline.
Season ticket holders are entitled to a discount following relegation - but the right and wrongs of claiming it have caused divisions among fans.
Director Michael Foulger has offered to match pound for pound any rebates not claimed - with the money going straight into Bryan Gunn's playing budget. One fans' group claimed that was "emotional blackmail."
McNally has arrived at Carrow Road in the eye of the storm, and last night asked fans - almost 18,500 of whom have season tickets - to consider their next move carefully.
"I would appeal to those who have yet to claim their rebate to consider not claiming it, if they can afford to in these challenging economic times," he said.
"Every pound left in will increase our chances of assembling a squad capable of matching our ambition to get us promoted back to the Championship.
- 1 'Such an odd game' - City fans react to Huddersfield win
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries lodge loan bid for Metz left-back
- 3 Smith delivers upbeat Pukki bulletin after Sargent inspires City win
- 4 CANARIES 2 TERRIERS 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 5 Upward mobility in reach for City chief
- 6 Follow live updates of Norwich City v Huddersfield Town
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki misses out for City
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: City 2-1 Huddersfield
- 9 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 10 David Hannant: I think we have a new Carrow Road cult hero
"Bryan has identified players with the right winning mentality and commitment required to represent Norwich City and we will be working hard together to bring new signings into the squad over the summer.
"We'd like to sincerely thank all of our season ticket holders for signing up next year, regardless of whether they have claimed their rebate or not. We will provide a summary of the rebate process next week, once all the forms have been processed."
Supporters wishing to claim their season ticket rebates must return their forms to the club by the close of business tomorrow.