New chief's final plea over rebates
Canaries new chief executive David McNally has issued a plea to season ticket holders who are wavering over their rebate ahead of tomorrow's deadline. Season ticket holders are entitled to a discount following relegation - but the right and wrongs of claiming it have caused divisions among fans.
Canaries new chief executive David McNally has issued a plea to season ticket holders who are wavering over their rebate ahead of tomorrow's deadline.
Season ticket holders are entitled to a discount following relegation - but the right and wrongs of claiming it have caused divisions among fans.
Director Michael Foulger has offered to match pound for pound any rebates not claimed - with the money going straight into Bryan Gunn's playing budget. One fans' group claimed that was "emotional blackmail."
McNally has arrived at Carrow Road in the eye of the storm, and last night asked fans - almost 18,500 of whom have season tickets - to consider their next move carefully.
You may also want to watch:
"I would appeal to those who have yet to claim their rebate to consider not claiming it, if they can afford to in these challenging economic times," he said.
"Every pound left in will increase our chances of assembling a squad capable of matching our ambition to get us promoted back to the Championship.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leverkusen are main rival for Celtic star
- 2 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 3 City not pursuing Holland winger linked as summer target
- 4 Promotion winning former City defender retires
- 5 Canaries reveal squad values for Fantasy Premier League
- 6 Q&A: Assessing City's Premier League prospects with Dave and Connor
- 7 A-Z: Crystal Palace in limbo until they find new boss
- 8 Mourinho praise for City defender after Euro2020 accolade
- 9 No regrets just life lessons for City old boy
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
"Bryan has identified players with the right winning mentality and commitment required to represent Norwich City and we will be working hard together to bring new signings into the squad over the summer.
"We'd like to sincerely thank all of our season ticket holders for signing up next year, regardless of whether they have claimed their rebate or not. We will provide a summary of the rebate process next week, once all the forms have been processed."
Supporters wishing to claim their season ticket rebates must return their forms to the club by the close of business tomorrow.