New date for Norwich City's home clash with Bristol
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's home Championship clash with Bristol City has a new date, after being selected for live coverage by Sky Sports.
The Carrow Road encounter has been pushed back a day to Wednesday, January 20 and will kick-off at 6pm.
Canaries supporters will be unable to attend the game due to the Covid-19 pandemic but throughout this campaign season ticket holders have received free passes for the iFollow online streams, other than for away games that kick-off at 3pm on a Saturday.
Otherwise, match passes have been available to purchase for £10. City are yet to confirm those iFollow details but last month's 2-0 home win over Cardiff was a Saturday lunchtime kick-off due to Sky coverage and season ticket holders were still provided with free passes on that occasion.
The knock-on effect was that iFollow match passes were not available to purchase - although Now TV sell similar passes for 24-hour access to Sky Sports, so that situation can be remedied without too much trouble.
Daniel Farke's team won 3-1 at Bristol City in October, thanks to a brace from Teemu Pukki and a fine goal from Emi Buendia.
The Robins currently sit 10th and four points adrift of the play-off places having lost four of their last five games.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
It will be the seventh Canaries game of the season shown live by Sky Sports, with an eighth to follow swiftly, when Middlesbrough travel to Norfolk on Saturday, January 30 (12.30pm).