New injury worries hit Canaries
Norwich City boss Peter Grant is faced with an injury crisis ahead of Saturday's game at Stoke.Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw, Youssef Safri, Paul Gallacher and Andy Hughes are all major doubts for the clash against Tony Pulis' side.
Norwich City boss Peter Grant is faced with an injury crisis ahead of Saturday's game at Stoke.
Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw, Youssef Safri, Paul Gallacher and Andy Hughes are all major doubts for the clash against Tony Pulis' side.
Speaking at this morning's Colney Press conference Grant said he is determined to give all his players until the last possible minute to prove their fitness. But he admitted: “If I get two out of those injured I'd be delighted.”
He said Huckerby has “a slight chance” of recovery while striker Earnshaw is 80-20 against with his rib injury.
You may also want to watch:
Gallacher has a back strain and is only 50-50, as is Hughes who is still recovering from a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, Safri is 60-40 in favour of playing after suffering a groin strain in the Carling Cup defeat at Port Vale.
- 1 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 2 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 3 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 5 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
Grant will also warn his players to be prepared for a physical encounter against Stoke, but again insisted he is not afraid to throw the likes of inexperienced teenager Robert Eagle into the fray.
“We'll need brains as well as brawn,” he said.