New leaders in Anglian Combination
Anglian CombinationAcle took over the Premier Division leadership with a 3-1 home win over Watton.Among the other early pace-setters, Beccles - now in second spot - had their tasty-looking home clash with fourth-placed North Walsham postponed because of pitch conditions.
Acle took over the Premier Division leadership with a 3-1 home win over Watton.
Among the other early pace-setters, Beccles - now in second spot - had their tasty-looking home clash with fourth-placed North Walsham postponed because of pitch conditions.
On target for Acle were Ben Morgan, James Foreman and Nathan Thompson, with Kevin Bloomfield replaying.
You may also want to watch:
Acle are top with 15 points from seven games, followed by Blofield 14 from seven, Beccles 13 from five and North Walsham 13 from six.
Blofield, with Greg Murphy their marksman, drew 1-1 at Spixworth (James Richardson).
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
Snapping at the top four's heels are Brandon following their 3-1 home win over defending champions Sheringham. John Waites, Richard Williams and Mark Fowler sank the Shannocks, who replied through Danny Tanti.
Cromer won 4-3 at Hempnall thanks to goals from David Harwood (2), Darren Terrington and Josh Gray with a brace from Kelvin Willimott and an own goal making up Hempnall's tally.
Loddon went to Mattishall and won 2-1 with goals from Alex Brown and Richard Greenhalf with Gary Harbour replying.
St Andrews beat Sprowston Athletic 2-0 (Adam Brock, Marcus Godbold) while Wroxham Reserves drew 3-3 at home to Dersingham. For the Yachtsmen, Jamie George (2) and James Bulman scored, Thomas Nicol getting a brace for Rovers with Lloyd Drewery also on target.
Corton, Poringland and Reepham are covered by a point at the top of Division One.
The Reepham Robins are third with 14 points from six games after beating leaders Corton 1-0 at at Stimpson's Piece with Andrew Gooch getting the vital goal. Corton have 15 points from seven games while Poringland Wanderers have 15 from six following their 5-3 home defeat by Norwich St Johns.
On target for the Saints were Graham Carr (2), Matthew Racher, Aaron Kay and Liam Blofeld. Wanders scored thorugh Joshua Farrow (2) and Vaughan Stevenson.
Holt beat vistitors Stalham 1-0 (Lewis Smith); Hindringham (Scott Gray) went down 2-1 to visitors Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves (Liam Harvey-Cooper, Max Blowers); Horsford won 1-0 at Sole Bay (Alan Rudder); Wells drew 1-1 at home to Bungay, Daniel Grocott netting for the Seasiders, Matthew Holmes for Bungay; Caister lost 3-2 at home to Scole, Chris Salmon and Nicky Crawley's efforts answered by Simon Bartram (2) and Graham Ruddock; Long Stratton (Adam Solley, David Robinson) won 2-1 at home to Wymondham (Daniel Whitman).