New-look Aylsham in battling form
Aylsham Ladies FC have played three games of the 2011/12 season.
Some players have moved on from last season and it is great to see lots of girls from Aylsham U16s coming up to join the ladies’ team this season.
The first fixture was on 11th September away to Colt Jags. They have improved hugely in the last few seasons this was a tough opening fixture for the ladies.
They battled well and played some good football but lost 6-1. Aylsham’s consolation goal came from Abby Timmins who superbly guided the ball over the goalie’s head from outside the penalty box.
The team weren’t too disappointed as this was the first time Aylsham had played together since six new players joined over the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Aylsham’s first home fixture was on 18th September against League runners-up and Cup winners of last year - Acle Ladies.
They are a very well-organised team and pass the ball around expertly. Aylsham started strongly and put pressure on the Acle goal but couldn’t quite find the finishing touch and were punished when Acle got two quick goals.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
Aylsham then had trouble keeping their shape and Acle ran out 8-1 winners. Vickii Scott scored Aylsham’s goal after a good passing move from Aylsham.
Last Sunday, in searing heat, Aylsham travelled to Hockering, determined to get their first win of the new season. The game started off quite evenly with both teams finding space to pass the ball around but Hockering were the first to score.
Aylsham had several opportunities to score but the Hockering goalie was in good form saving all shots until a corner when once again Vickii Scott was in the right place to poke the ball home.
The Aylsham defence were struggling to cope with the Hockering strikers as they had a height advantage and were lightning quick.
The final score was 6-1 to Hockering. Aylsham Ladies were disappointed by the result but feel the potential is there to still have a successful season once the new look team get used to how each other play.
The ladies’ next fixture is at home to Stalham this Sunday.
Aylsham Ladies FC: Sam Ede, Lauren Kemp, Shaz Bunn (Captain), Lizzie Hibberd, Di England, Michaela England, Vickii Scott, Georgie Bobbin, Abby Timmins (Manager), Bex Burton, Hayley Demmen, Georgia Bryant, Grace Slater, Gina Atherton.