New-look Ghosts in win delight
Fakenham Town 3, Diss Town 2New caretaker manager, new players - new Fakenham.After 12 games without a point in the Ridgeons first division, the Ghosts hope they have started to turn their season around with a 3-2 home win over high-fliers Diss.
Fakenham Town 3, Diss Town 2
New caretaker manager, new players - new Fakenham.
After 12 games without a point in the Ridgeons first division, the Ghosts hope they have started to turn their season around with a 3-2 home win over high-fliers Diss.
Former manager Neil Jarvis has returned to take over the team until the end of the season and brought in five former King's Lynn Reserves players, four of whom played, with two scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Shadrack fired the Tangerines ahead midway through the first half.
Four minutes into the second half substitute Jake Betts crossed low from the right for Julian Delicata to equalise. Within six minutes George Watts-Sturrock had levelled but new signing and captain Stephen Harvey found the top right-hand corner of the Diss goal with a free kick.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Then another ex-Linnet, Matthew Gilchrist headed the winner from a left-wing corner.
New keeper Tom Rix commanded a determined home defence against the Diss response.