New season, new league for Lowestoft
Lowestoft Town club notes by Terry LynesALL the pre-season planning and preparations are now over as the Blues contemplate their Ryman League debut when they travel to Thamesmead Town tomorrow.
Lowestoft Town club notes by Terry Lynes
ALL the pre-season planning and preparations are now over as the Blues contemplate their Ryman League debut when they travel to Thamesmead Town tomorrow.
It will be a new experience for the Blues but one that is being looked forward to by the Lowestoft players, officials and supporters.
The Mead are relative newcomers to the Ryman League now starting out on their second season after finishing in 18th place last season. Like the Blues they have made six new signings in the close season.
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday evening then sees Lowestoft open their home programme when Concord Rangers are the visitors to the Crown Meadow, kick off 7.45.
The Blues have met Rangers once before when a Bradley Hough goal gave the Town a single goal victory on their way to Wembley in 2008. Like Thamesmead they too joined the Ryman League last season but a more successful season saw them finish in fifth place but failing in the play offs.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 5 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
Looking forward to the weekend the Blues have injury concerns over Matt Halliday and Adam Smith following last week's final friendly away to Bury Town and Dale Cockrill, Jack Marsden and Bradley Hough are still out of contention with injuries carried forward from last season.
After his brief foray in a Lowestoft shirt, Trevor Benjamin has opted to sign for Conference National side Tamworth.
The Youth team continued their pre-season preparations with successive victories over Diss Town Youth (5-0) and White Horse Seltic (3-0). Joe Clarke (2), Joe Marsden, Christy Finch and Danny Burgess scoring against Diss, with Finch (2) and Burgess on target against White Horse Seltic.
The Youth's are in action at the Meadow next Wednesday against Leiston U18s.