New season, new league for Lowestoft
Lowestoft Town club notes by Terry LynesALL the pre-season planning and preparations are now over as the Blues contemplate their Ryman League debut when they travel to Thamesmead Town tomorrow.
Lowestoft Town club notes by Terry Lynes
ALL the pre-season planning and preparations are now over as the Blues contemplate their Ryman League debut when they travel to Thamesmead Town tomorrow.
It will be a new experience for the Blues but one that is being looked forward to by the Lowestoft players, officials and supporters.
The Mead are relative newcomers to the Ryman League now starting out on their second season after finishing in 18th place last season. Like the Blues they have made six new signings in the close season.
Tuesday evening then sees Lowestoft open their home programme when Concord Rangers are the visitors to the Crown Meadow, kick off 7.45.
The Blues have met Rangers once before when a Bradley Hough goal gave the Town a single goal victory on their way to Wembley in 2008. Like Thamesmead they too joined the Ryman League last season but a more successful season saw them finish in fifth place but failing in the play offs.
- 1 Former City midfielder poised to move again
- 2 'I fell in love with the Championship' - Ex-Canaries ace joins Bristol City
- 3 'They’ve come out of nowhere' - Ferdinand assesses City survival chances
- 4 City duo nominated for Premier League awards
- 5 Hanley urges City to up the ante
- 6 On-loan City striker Soto switches Portugal for Scotland
- 7 Put your questions to Canaries legend Chris Sutton
- 8 City survival rival will improve under my old boss - Sutton
- 9 City striker frustrated but ready to battle if Baggies loan continues
- 10 Injury scare for in-form City forward at Southend
Looking forward to the weekend the Blues have injury concerns over Matt Halliday and Adam Smith following last week's final friendly away to Bury Town and Dale Cockrill, Jack Marsden and Bradley Hough are still out of contention with injuries carried forward from last season.
After his brief foray in a Lowestoft shirt, Trevor Benjamin has opted to sign for Conference National side Tamworth.
The Youth team continued their pre-season preparations with successive victories over Diss Town Youth (5-0) and White Horse Seltic (3-0). Joe Clarke (2), Joe Marsden, Christy Finch and Danny Burgess scoring against Diss, with Finch (2) and Burgess on target against White Horse Seltic.
The Youth's are in action at the Meadow next Wednesday against Leiston U18s.