Newton Flotman Reserves 3, Wensum Albion 0
With both teams on a the same number of points in the league and drawing 2-2 earlier in the season the match looked like being a tight affair.
It was Newton Flotman who were quickest out of the blocks and put Albion under pressure for much of the first half. Albion defended well and were unlucky to concede when a shot was adjudged to have just about crossed the line, the referee unsure whether to give the goal.
At the other end Albion didn’t create many chances, Mark Leeper going close with a free-kick, Gorbould and Cooper also missing the target.
Albion were far more committed in the second half and took control of the game creating a number of good chances, Manser saw a close range effort well saved by the Newton Flotman keeper whilst Gorbould, Littleboy, Leeper and Cooper also went close but couldn’t find the net.
Against the run of play the home side doubled their lead after their striker was fouled in the area by Albion keeper Chard, the resultant penalty tucked away in the corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
With the game looking to have been lost Albion conceded a third goal, a header at the far post from a right wing cross. A poor performance from Albion in contrast to the previous week.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest