Newton Flotman Reserves 3, Wensum Albion 0
With both teams on a the same number of points in the league and drawing 2-2 earlier in the season the match looked like being a tight affair.
It was Newton Flotman who were quickest out of the blocks and put Albion under pressure for much of the first half. Albion defended well and were unlucky to concede when a shot was adjudged to have just about crossed the line, the referee unsure whether to give the goal.
At the other end Albion didn’t create many chances, Mark Leeper going close with a free-kick, Gorbould and Cooper also missing the target.
Albion were far more committed in the second half and took control of the game creating a number of good chances, Manser saw a close range effort well saved by the Newton Flotman keeper whilst Gorbould, Littleboy, Leeper and Cooper also went close but couldn’t find the net.
Against the run of play the home side doubled their lead after their striker was fouled in the area by Albion keeper Chard, the resultant penalty tucked away in the corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
With the game looking to have been lost Albion conceded a third goal, a header at the far post from a right wing cross. A poor performance from Albion in contrast to the previous week.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed