Newton Flotman Reserves 3, Wensum Albion 0
With both teams on a the same number of points in the league and drawing 2-2 earlier in the season the match looked like being a tight affair.
It was Newton Flotman who were quickest out of the blocks and put Albion under pressure for much of the first half. Albion defended well and were unlucky to concede when a shot was adjudged to have just about crossed the line, the referee unsure whether to give the goal.
At the other end Albion didn’t create many chances, Mark Leeper going close with a free-kick, Gorbould and Cooper also missing the target.
Albion were far more committed in the second half and took control of the game creating a number of good chances, Manser saw a close range effort well saved by the Newton Flotman keeper whilst Gorbould, Littleboy, Leeper and Cooper also went close but couldn’t find the net.
Against the run of play the home side doubled their lead after their striker was fouled in the area by Albion keeper Chard, the resultant penalty tucked away in the corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
With the game looking to have been lost Albion conceded a third goal, a header at the far post from a right wing cross. A poor performance from Albion in contrast to the previous week.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit