No Crook vacancy
City boss Paul Lambert has no plans to replace coach Ian Crook, who left the club at the end of last season. Crook, who was the Canaries' reserve team boss and worked with the senior players alongside assistant manager Ian Culverhouse, rejoined Sydney FC's coaching team last week.
City boss Paul Lambert has no plans to replace coach Ian Crook, who left the club at the end of last season.
Crook, who was the Canaries' reserve team boss and worked with the senior players alongside assistant manager Ian Culverhouse, rejoined Sydney FC's coaching team last week.
“Ian was great for me. He's gone back to be with his wife and kids, which is totally fine. At the minute I don't have plans to bring somebody else in at all,” said Lambert, who hopes to make Laurence Batty's goalkeeping coach role - since last February - a more permanent arrangement.
“Laurence is still with us at the minute and I will have to speak to the club and see if we can try to do something there.”
You may also want to watch:
City began training yesterday with skipper Grant Holt, who had surgery on an ankle injury in April, and defender Michael Nelson, who missed the last match of the season with a troublesome foot injury, both fighting fit.
“Everybody came back raring to go and they all seem pretty healthy at the minute,” said Lambert. “The lads have come back in pretty good shape and spirits. It's important they get fit and important they stay fit up to that Watford game.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 2 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 3 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 4 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 5 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues