No goals for Lowestoft and Enfield
Enfield Town 0, Lowestoft Town 0: A hard, bumpy pitch was not conducive to good football as Enfield Town and Lowestoft Town played out a goalless draw in a pre-season friendly at Goldsdown Road.
Enfield Town 0, Lowestoft Town 0
A hard, bumpy pitch was not conducive to good football as Enfield Town and Lowestoft Town played out a goalless draw in a pre-season friendly at Goldsdown Road.
In the first half effort outshone quality for the major part of the 45 minuteS with neither defence tested as passes continually went astray.
The only real chance fell to Enfield's Fabio Valenti who headed into the side netting from an excellent right-wing cross from Michael Bardle.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft's only threat came from a couple of Jamie Godbold crosses which were taken easily by home keeper Rob Blackburne.
The second half started in similar vein until the introduction of Craig Bussens in the 58th minute livened the Blues up.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Jack Marsden reached the byeline but his cross was taken low down by Rob Blackburne. Bussens then slipped the ball inside to Jamie Forshaw whose shot was parried by Blackburne.
Enfield made numerous changes as the half progressed and replacement keeper Jason Holmes held Bussens' 20-yard drive under the bar.
Bussens' pace was causing the home team problems and his superb cross saw Danny Bloomfield fail to get a meaningful touch to the ball with the goal gaping.
Marsden then picked out Bussens whose shot was deflected wide. A rare mistake by keeper Holmes saw him fail to hold a Sam Gaughran free-kick but, with his back to goal, Christy Finch hooked the ball inches too high.
The best move of the game saw Bloomfield cross to Bussens whose instant volley brought the save of the match from Holmes.
Enfield Town: Blackburne, Lockie, Kane, McKay, Kirby, Protheroe, Bardle, Morton, Hope, Mehmet, Valenti, subs: Campbell, Butler, Kendall, Siva, Marks, Maharjan, Hammatt, Buckeridge, Forward, Hammond, Holmes.
Lowestoft Town: Reynolds, Gaughran, Marsden, Fisk (Sub Bloomfield 68), Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Ainsley, Forshaw (Sub Finch 78), Francis (Sub Bussens 58), Mitchell, Subs (not used) Haynes-Brown, Cave-Brown, P Smith.