No net profit for Lynn Reserves
Debenham LC 4, King's Lynn Reserves 0Once again it was Lynn's inability to find the net which cost them dear. For their return match with Premier Division newcomers, Debenham Leisure Centre, the Linnets welcomed back their captain, Stephen Harvey.
Debenham LC 4, King's Lynn Reserves 0
Once again it was Lynn's inability to find the net which cost them dear.
For their return match with Premier Division newcomers, Debenham Leisure Centre, the Linnets welcomed back their captain, Stephen Harvey.
He had been absent for five games since injuring ankle ligaments in the match against Wisbech Town.
You may also want to watch:
Having won the opening day fixture 2-0, the Suffolk side doubled that scoreline on their own pitch as they gave Lynn a lesson in how to finish.
Leading 1-0 at the interval, they added three more in the second half to complete a league 'double' over the 'Linnets'.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
Lynn's depleted strike force will be still further weakened as leading scorer Nelson Moreira with four goals, now commences a lengthy period of suspension for being dismissed whilst playing Sunday football and followed by a suspension for being sent off for the reserves.
They could also find themselves missing the services of the only other player to have scored more than once this campaign as Nick Davey is the subject of a seven-day notice of approach by Bury Town of the Southern League. Wisbech Town have made an approach for Kevin Leggett.
For the League Cup game at Ely City on Tuesday, Lynn Reserves have Lee Hyde available for selection after he served his one-match ban for picking up five cautions, with the Debenham game.
If Lynn win they face another away game in Cambridgeshire with a visit to Histon Reserves.
It was to Histon that the Youth Team went on Thursday evening in the first qualifying round of the FA Youth Cup.
After giving the strong Conference side's youngsters a severe shock by taking a two-goal lead through Glendinning and Penty, they were unable to hang on in the second half as the experienced Histon side came back to score three goals and win 3-2.
On Monday they return to Youth League action with a home game with Wisbech Town, k.o.7-45 p.m.
Meanwhile, King's Lynn A also returned to North West Norfolk League action on Saturday.
They had a home game with League newcomers, Sutton Bridge and ran out winners by five clear goals.
Lynn's scorers were: Livotti 2, Glendinning, Howlett and Penty.