Hemp named in England squad for the SheBelieves Cup
- Credit: PA
North Walsham born forward Lauren Hemp has been selected in Phil Neville’s England squad for the SheBelieves Cup.
The 19-year-old is thriving with Manchester City in the Women's Super League and recently to pen-to-paper on a new multi-year contract for the league leaders.
Her rise has continued with international recognition and she made her England debut back in October.
Hemp came off the bench to score City's third goal in the FA Cup Final, lifting the ball over the 'keeper from the edge of the area and sealing the victory.
She has been featuring predominantly as a left-winger this season and is targeting a league and cup double with City.
You may also want to watch:
The former North Walsham high school student is part of Neville's young Lionesses squad hoping to retain their title as champions.
The competition is contested between four national teams, the United States, Japan, Spain and England. Hemp's first involvement could be on March 5, as England take on the hosts in Florida.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
England squad: Millie Bright, Lucy Bronze, Rachel Daly, Toni Duggan, Bethany England, Grace Fisk, Alex Greenwood, Lauren Hemp, Steph Houghton, Chloe Kelly, Sandy MacIver, Abbie McManus, Jordan Nobbs, Nikita Parris, Ellie Roebuck, Jill Scott, Lucy Staniforth, Georgia Stanway, Demi Stokes, Carly Telford, Keira Walsh, Ellen White, Leah Williamson.