North Elmham new leaders of Central and South Norfolk league
North Elmham are the new leaders of Division One as they took full advantage of Castle Acre’s cup involvement and beat Gressenhall 3-1. Dereham Town A beat bottom team Narborough 2-1 and Rockland United won by the only goal of the game at Northwold S&SC.
There were only two matches in Division Two. West End beat Cockers 4-0 to move to the top of the table and the bottom two teams, Saham Toney Reserves and Bawdeswell, shared the points from a 3-3 draw.
Division Three leaders Litcham were beaten 4-2 at home by unbeaten Stoke Ferry, a result which lifts them up to fifth place. Weeting beat bottom team Narborough Reserves 6-0 to climb to third and, in the other match, Methwold United won 3-0 at Colkirk.
In Division Four, Feltwell United Reserves won 4-0 at Dereham Cockers United to move up to second place while Beetley United beat Nostro Reserves 3-1. The other two matches also ended as 4-0 results. Shipdham Reserves beat bottom club Methwold United Reserves and Weasenham Wanderers took the points from their home encounter with Gressenhall Reserves.
The semi-finals of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league’s premier Cup competition, will be contested by two teams each from Divisions 1 and 2.
You may also want to watch:
In the fifth round matches, Castle Acre Swifts won easily 7-1 at Swaffham Town A while Morley Village ran out 6-0 winners at Marham Wanderers. The two Second Division teams both beat teams from the top flight to earn their places in the last four. Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves beat Yaxham 3-0 while Scarning United were 3-1 home winners over Thetford Rovers Reserves.
In the second round of the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup, Attleborough Athletic beat Hethersett Athletic by the odd goal of seven while Wendling won 3-1 at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves and Shipdham won by the same score at Rampant Horse. Necton ran out 4-1 winners at Mulbarton Wanderers A and Great Cressingham edged Sporle out 3-2. Tacolneston Reserves went through courtesy of a 2-1 home win over Yaxham Reserves and Walsingham United beat Rockland United Reserves 5-4 on penalties after a 3-3 draw.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto