North Norfolk in focus

MUNDESLEY U16 visited undefeated league leaders Drayton Youth and, due to call offs, could field only 11 players, losing 3-1, although their battling display deserved at least a point.

MUNDESLEY U16 visited undefeated league leaders Drayton Youth and, due to call offs, could field only 11 players, losing 3-1, although their battling display deserved at least a point. The visitors surprised the home team, and their supporters, by taking an early lead. A throw-in from the left reached Joe Culley on the edge of the box and he turned to shoot just inside the right-hand upright. Mundesley, with Tommy Tatum and Jamie Nibari organising the defence, held on until the last third of the match but Drayton equalised following a corner. As the Mundesley players began to tire the home side scored twice more.

NORTH WALSHAM PANTHERS U14 played host to Reepham U14 who were caught unawares as Lewis put the Panthers ahead in the first minute. Lewis scored again from a free-kick, and the Panthers' practised and skilful play continued with James scoring. The Panthers fashioned passes and space allowing Max to score a sensational goal. Elliot pushed forward to score his first goal, closely followed by a goal from Lewis for his hat-trick. The Panthers were awarded a penalty, and Dan placed the ball perfectly in the bottom corner. Sam's goal came at the end of the half. The second half started with Reepham showing spirit, and though Elliot scored again, it didn't stop Reepham from attacking. It was only the Panthers' experienced defending that denied them. An excellent pass from Leon gave Elliot his hat-trick. Some tough and persistent play ended in James scoring, closely followed by Bradley getting a well-deserved goal. Both Lewis and Elliot were still bristling with energy, and they each scored towards the end of the game, leaving them with four each, and leaving the final score Panthers 14, Reepham 0. Reepham were valiant and good humoured throughout the match.

CROMER YOUTH U11 remain top of the league after a 9-0 St Valentine's Day massacre of Norwich side Norman Wanderers. It took just five minutes before a Jack Chapman cross was turned in by Stevie Foster. Ten minutes later the move was duplicated and Stevie put Cromer 2-0 up. Jack Chapman was rewarded for his hard work minutes later when he fired home Cromer's third and he completed a memorable first half performance when his wizardry on the left supplied the cross for Nyall Brown to head home and give Cromer a 4-0 half-time lead. Early in the second half Nathan Foulser burst through to score Cromer's fifth, before the home team were awarded a penalty for hand-ball. The penalty was comfortably saved by Alfie Woodrow and the onslaught resumed. A nice chip by Ieuan Lightfoot made it 6-0 to Cromer and a fine run and finish by Nathan Foulser made it 7-0. A great strike from Zeke Downes put Cromer 8-0 ahead and a long- range shot from Jack Tritton completed the 9-0 victory and a job well done. Man-of-the-match: Zeke Downes.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U10 were back in league action against Taverham U10 at Bodham. East Coast were 1-0 up at half-time when a well-taken corner from J Stearman was put in the net by the Taverham keeper. In the second half the midfield of A Galley, A Little and J Stearman started to dominate and there was an excellent goal each for A Little and A Galley. The defence of L Goodrum and J Boggis held strong, keeping Taverham at bay. S Howell was sharp in goal but could do little when Taverham pulled a goal back. B Candlish completed two good finishes to make the final score East Coast Warriors 5, Taverham 1.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U11 welcomed a spirited Colt Jags team, who played some good passing football. Jags immediately took the game to Coast, strong defensive work from Wilkinson, Smith, Reid and Richardson, and a brace of skilful saves from Baker keeping them out. Coast broke the deadlock on 10 minutes with a Lee cross to Roffey, who dinked it for Lozeau to bury. It became a brace a couple of minutes later with a well-timed run and low volley. The kick-off was intercepted and taken forward by Brown and Roffey, leading to a cross for Lee to slot home from close range. Jags ran a good counter from the kick-off, but a clearance from Wilkinson set captain Lubbock on a run the length of the pitch. His cross to Glasgow was precise, and the latter was unlucky to hit the side netting. After two corners Lubbock hit a power drive from distance for four in the 22nd minute. Lozeau then won the ball in midfield, and ended a fine individual run with a volley for a fifth, followed closely by a well- taken goal from Glasgow capitalising on a goalmouth scramble. Jags were outplayed in midfield. A cross from Lee set up Roffey to punish the gaping hole on Jags' right. Half-time 7-0 to East Coast. Howell, Othon and Paterson came on, keeper Baker switched to a wing-striker role. Within five minutes Lubbock had lobbed the unlucky Jags keeper for an eighth, and Brown delivered another unreachable lob a couple of minutes later. Jags never surrendered and put a series of good attacking moves together, forcing valiant work from the Coast midfield and defence, outstanding speed from Smith, and a brace of excellent acrobatic saves from Paterson. His long throw set Brown and Baker away, delivering for Lee to slot home for 10, and a repeat performance from the kick-off gave him another. Lubbock finished off the scoring, running the ball around a string of Jags defenders to net his third. Full-time: East Coast Warriors 12, Colts Jags 0.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U9 visited Hindolveston and secured a 3-1 victory. East Coast got the important early goal when a long kick from A Neath cleared the home defence to allow L Copeman to run on and score. R Porter-Davis and R Tucker both went close but the second goal came from a corner which the home defence only half cleared, giving

Most Read

L Copeman a chance to shoot from just inside the box. Hindolveston forced the save of the game from A Neath who dived to push the ball around the post. The second half saw East Coast playing up the slope. The crucial next goal went to Hindolveston after J Whittaker converted a corner. J Hunter worked hard in midfield to protect the solid J Long and A Sheridan in defence.

J Long battled his way through to release L Copeman who scored his third to make the game safe. A good result, final score 3-1 to East Coast.

HOLT UNITED U10 travelled to Worstead with a depleted side. With only six players available Holt were soon under pressure and a fine strike from Worstead put them 1-0 down. Then Holt started to play their game and a super long throw from stand-in captain Cameron led to a goalmouth scramble and Worstead headed an own goal: 1-1. Fantastic saves from Jack and superb defending from Bobby and Ed enabled Holt to take the lead from a Cameron corner and Ed banging in the goal: 2-1 Holt. Tyler worked her socks off and was nearly rewarded with a goal, but two quick goals before half-time for Worstead made it 3-2. Worstead quickly scored their fourth after the break then Terry let fly a 20-yard screamer only to hit the bar. After so much hard and committed work from the Holt players they ran out of steam and Worstead scored four goals in the last five minutes to finish 8-2 winners. The scoreline did not reflect the Holt players' efforts and they can hold their heads up high. It was hard to choose a PoM from Jack, Bobby, Ed, Cameron, Terry and Tyler, but playing out of position and working so hard, not giving up , it went to Terry Hall.

NORTH WALSHAM ANGELS U13 GIRLS gave a brilliant second-half performance to beat visiting Costessey Sports 4-1. They began well and created four good chances but failed to turn these into goals. Costessey then broke away to take the lead. Angels levelled before half- time at 1-1 when Olivia knocked the ball in at the near post from Robyn's right-wing corner. Keeper Emily P gave a good display and was unlucky not to keep a clean sheet. Sophie S and Lucy continue to develop their defensive partnership. Recent signings Jess F and Izzy shared the right midfield berth and are both growing in confidence. Robyn gave a dazzling performance and was involved in all Angels' goals and together with Charlotte took charge of the midfield in the second half. Striker Lauren was unlucky with one fine first-half effort and Olivia showed again that she is prepared to run at defenders and battle for the ball. Sophie H was competent in both midfield and defence. Olivia received the ball from Izzy's throw-in and crossed low for Robyn to hammer the ball in for Angels' second goal. Robyn's corner from the right was squeezed inside the far post by Charlotte for the third. Robyn and Olivia chased a long clearance from defence and Olivia got her foot to the ball to beat the advancing keeper for goal No 4.

NORTH WALSHAM U13 won 4-2 at home to Thorpe St Andrew. Early pressure from North Walsham at home led to a sweetly-struck opener from Wright. North Walsham continued to pressurize, but the next great save came from the Walsham keeper as a Thorpe St Andrews forward beat the offside trap to run alone on goal. A great run from North Walsham's Copeman, from his own penalty box to Thorpe's, was capped by a great cross for Foster to poke home. The game grew increasingly scrappy as the half ended 2-0 to North Walsham at the break. The second half continued in the same vein, finally enlivened by a fierce shot from Wright which was well saved by the Thorpe keeper, who palmed it onto the crossbar. Thorpe pulled a goal back, but North Walsham sparked into life and responded with an immediate goal from Foster. North Walsham again went to sleep, allowing Thorpe to score a second. Copeman scored an emphatic final goal to end the match 4-2 to North Walsham. An indifferent performance, but a good win for North Walsham.

SHERINGHAM WARRIORS U15 took on Sprowston Lads U15 at Sheringham High School, the Warriors got off to a good start looking dominant and moving the ball about well. Jodi Norris got the first goal of the game when he finished off a cross from Jacob Knowles. Sheringham kept pushing for a second goal but the final ball was lacking in quality so chances went begging. Sprowston's threat up front was nullified by the Warriors' defence, with Tommy Bywater and Josh Dyde hardly giving them a kick. When Sprowston did break through Nathan Lomax pulled off some decent saves. Shane Cox, Harry Carrington and Harry Stamatov were again very influential in midfield. Jacob Knowles made it 2-0 before half-time when he burst down the left and fired it past the keeper. In the second half Jodi Norris scoring twice more to make it 4-0 and to grab a well-deserved hat-trick. Will Parker and Tom Harrison were putting in a good shift on the right, creating numerous chances. Harry Carrington made it 5-0 when the ball came straight at him some 30 yards out of goal. With a snap shot he found the bottom corner of the goal. Tom Todd finished off a good move which started from Cameron Humphrey for 6-0. Cameron had been moved to left back for this game and turned in a really impressive performance. Josh Glister came on up front and was unlucky not to score, Jacob made it 7-0 when again he outstripped the Sprowston defence and smashed the ball through the keeper's legs. Sheringham Warriors had again put in another class performance, winning 7-0.

WORSTEAD WOLVES U10 entertained a very good Holt side and had an excellent 8-2 win. With the game only two minutes old Kyle scored with a nice finish, passing the ball into the net, Worstead conceded a corner from which Kyle's header away hit Zachary in the face and rebounded into his own net, Zachary had to leave the game with a nasty injury. Holt were soon in front with another own goal but Harry P levelled from just inside the box with a great finish. With half-time approaching Kyle scored his second.

Second half Worstead used their extra player well and soon scored when forward Jake B crossed for a Holt player to put the ball through his own net. The Wolves, playing some good football, made it 5-2 when Jake B finished nicely after a good move with the defence of Scott, Matthew and Ashley playing very well. After a five-pass move Jake C put the ball into the empty net. With Holt still attacking the defence held firm and Worstead who scored two more goals through Jake B and Kyle, who completed his hat-trick. With time running out a Holt player hit a goalbound shot from well outside the area only for Haydn to produce the save of the match, tipping the ball onto the bar. Holt players should be very proud of themselves the way they played with only six players. MoM: The whole Worstead team.