North Norfolk teams in action

EAST COAST WARRIORS U9 faced the mighty Hindolveston in a match that saw pummelling attacks from both teams.

The game saw confident defending from Barrell and Buck and outstanding keeping from Lees who performed with both skill and bravery. Hammond’s and Scales’ speed and determination pressurised Hindolveston’s defence and forced their keeper into some impressive saves to keep the scoresheet clean. Perry’s powerful tackles dampened Hindolveston’s attacks but Hindolveston’s breakthrough came after their throw-in landed in the danger area and was netted by one of EC’s players. Clarke and Smith, who was making his EC debut, battled hard but the final blow for EC came when another Hindolveston throw-in rebounded off an EC player and into the netting, giving Hindolveston a 2-0 victory. .

EAST COAST WARRIORS U10 entertained undefeated North Walsham and went close to opening the scoring when Long’s volley from a corner just cleared the bar. North Walsham began to get into the game and Head in goal was forced into action. Copeman also had an opportunity but his near-post shot was saved. The visitors’ midfield took control and North Walsham went ahead before half-time. In the second half North Walsham continued to press their advantage. Head made some saves but North Walsham deservedly went 4-0 up as their midfield dominated. EC got a consolation goal when Copeman finished off a through-ball. Result: 4-1 to North Walsham.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U12 welcomed Hindolveston to Sheringham. The visitors wasted no time in overturning a sluggish Coast midfield and defence. One-on-one against Baker, Gill C stabbed the ball home in the first two minutes. Lee, Brown, and Lozeau tried to penetrate Hindolveston’s water-tight defences, but were caught on the break. George was left clean through on goal, with the same result. Rubbing salt into the wound, a minute later Buxton evaded the lacklustre home defences, leaving Baker unsuccessfully trying to stop a third goal in under 10 minutes. Another 10 minutes’ midfield tussling later, unsighted Baker conceded a fourth from Buxton’s shot through a mel�e of legs, and was forced into three excellent saves. Despite some battling efforts from Little, Galley and Smith, it left a four-goal deficit at half-time. Some on-field changes and a rallying call during the break brought a more determined Coast out in the second period. Defence and midfield stood up much better and play throughout the team was far more effective with Askew, Brown, Little and Lee all close to netting. The next goal, however, was Hindolveston’s with the home side failing to play to the whistle. In the closing minutes spirited play from the Coast midfield left Brown within range. He lofted an amazing curved ball high over the Hindolveston defence and keeper from 10 yards for a consolation goal. The match finished 5-1 to Hindolveston.

NORTH WALSHAM U14 had a rainy and breezy start at Salhouse who conceded early when a clearance came back off a defender and into the net. Jackson made it two from a great cross by Foster. A Johnson played a great cross for Jackson to head a third. North Walsham continued to pressurise, and had a shot come off a post and stop on the line. Foster made it four with a great finish, then headed a wonderful goal to make it five. Foster completed his hat-trick early in the second half with another great header, before Wright added another after Salhouse failed to clear. North Walsham conceded a penalty which Salhouse converted. Jackson completed his hat-trick with a well-taken finish. Late in the game Foster scored his fourth, and the game ended 9-1 to North Walsham.

STALHAM U11 played North Walsham on Sunday. Stalham went 2-0 down but got one back from a penalty (Harry). Sean came on second half and this really made a difference. The half saw an excellent passing display with everyone working as a team. Matthew made it 2-2 and Stalham scored three more (Troy 2, Harry) to make the final score a well deserved 5-2. Stalham could have had a couple more with a missed penalty and hitting the bar. They played fantastic football especially second half. Their passing was brilliant, the defence worked for each other (Ryan, Chris and Josh), Jake played excellently and Will had a very good game in goal. Their manager is very proud of the whole team (MoM).

CROMER YOUTH GIRLS travelled to Bungay and confidently took the lead with two quick goals from Megan Purdy, shortly followed by Gemma Ridgeway’s first goal of the season. Bungay tried hard to pull a goal back, struggling to get the ball close to the goal due to the strong defending of Holly Hardingham, Charley Sinclair, and Georgia Potter. With no substitutes available the team was rotated through positions with Molly Wright coming out of goal for a while in the second half. Georgia Potter had a handful of shots but was denied by the Bungay keeper, however she was soon rewarded with a goal, to which Bungay responded with further applied pressure. Continuous great play by the whole team allowed Megan Purdy to put a further three successive goals in the net. It was soon followed with a goal by Megan Lighfoot, along with Gerogia sealing the 9-0 victory with her second. Girl-of-the-match: Megan Purdy.