North Norfolk youth notes
NORTH WALSHAM ANGELS U14 GIRLS faced Dereham Wanderers at Millfield with a full squad for the first time this season.
Regular keeper Emily was between the posts, Sophie S and Lucy returned to defensive duties with Jess F, Zoe, Charlotte and Robyn took their midfield places with Hannah W returning to partner Olivia as strikers. Izzy was called in to action early on when Lucy suffered a knee injury and fellow subs Ellie and Sophie H both had spells on the field.
The first half was goalless with Angels unlucky to not be ahead. Robyn had at good chance at the end of the half but just shot wide of an open goal. Angels continued to press in the second half but Dereham’s skipper gradually came into the game. Her powerful shot was blocked by Emily but the rebound was put into the net.
A second goal came following a corner then the visitors scored a third off a post. Angels rallied and Olivia’s low cross went into the net off a defender under pressure from Hannah.
Defensive lapses allowed Dereham to score twice more for a 5-1 victory which flattered them. Angels had chances, Charlotte’s powerful shot being stopped on the goal-line at the second attempt and Olivia’s shot bringing a great save from the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
EAST COAST WARRIORS U9 are through to the third round of the NENYL Cup. ECW faced the challenge of Dereham Town, a team they had never faced before, and from the start of the match commanded play to enable them to come away with a comfortable victory. Dereham were resilient but EC dominated and constantly attacked and hassled both the Dereham defence and keeper.
With shots from EC coming from all players there was little Dereham’s keeper could do to prevent the onslaught. EC played a great passing game and switched between their players with skill and accuracy which meant that play fell to their advantage. Dereham showed great sportsmanship but EC were just too strong on the day. Final score: 14-1. Scorers: Lawes 3, Perry 3, Lambert 2, Hammond, Lees, Barrell, Scales and Richardson.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion