North Norfolk youth scene

AYLSHAM GIRLS U14's first game of the season was against Blofield which Aylsham won 2-0. PoM: Callie, with the goals from Lauren. Next Aylsham played at Spixworth, Aylsham winning 2-1.

AYLSHAM GIRLS U14's first game of the season was against Blofield which Aylsham won 2-0. PoM: Callie, with the goals from Lauren. Next Aylsham played at Spixworth, Aylsham winning 2-1. PoM: Chloe, goals by Hannah and Lauren. Next Aylsham played Norwich at home and lost 6-2. Both goals from Lauren and PoM was Hannah. Aylsham then played Hethersett away and again lost 3-2. Lauren was named player of the match and she also scored both of the goals. To end Aylsham's little losing streak they got back onto winning ways with a game against Red Rose at home in a good game with Aylsham winning 1-0. The girls have played very well this season so far and could have won by more goals in some of the games. Aylsham have been sponsored again this season by Partridge Electrical. Many thanks to Mel and Neil.

NTH WALSHAM ANGELS U13 girls visited Mulbarton Belles on a pitch where they rarely produce their top form, however, after a shaky start they recorded their best win of the season, 6-1. Zoe intercepted an attempted clearance and laid the ball off to Kiera who netted. Sub Sophie came on and made an early impact, smashing the ball into the roof of the net, following Charlotte's throw-in. Kiera's persistence worked an opening for Zoe who rolled the ball into an empty net then Robyn netted number four when the keeper parried Kiera's shot. Zoe scored with a long-range drive but Mulbarton pulled one back with a shot that crept over the line. Otherwise, Emily looked unbeatable in goal and Charlotte and Lucy were in control defensively. Zoe had a great game in centre midfield and as the second half progressed Lauren, Kiera and Robyn got past the home defence again and again. Sophie dropped back to partner Lucy in defence and Charlotte moved forward. Angels rounded off the scoring with a well- worked goal, Charlotte found Kiera on the right and her pass was met by Robyn for her second goal. The home keeper pulled off a string of fine saves.

NORTH WALSHAM PANTHERS played Thorpe Rovers and won 6-1. The weather was appalling, but both teams played with determination and courage. The Panthers were the first to score through Max, who made some space for himself. Elliot gave the Panthers their second goal, but it wasn't long before Thorpe put the ball into the back of the net. Elliot scored twice more for the Panthers, with some lovely passes coming from the midfield. Harry and Jordan both added their names to the scoresheet with two great goals.

CROMER YOUTH U11 battled against strong winds and driving rain in their home tie with Worstead but managed to run out 9-0 victors. A superb free-kick by Jack Tritton saw them take the lead, Ieuan Lightfoot scored soon after and Joe Gasse-Coope followed up with Cromer's third. Jordan Davies led the defence well again and a fine solo goal by the hard-working Zeke Downes saw Cromer go into half-time with a 4-0 lead. Ieuan got his second with a tap-in soon after the break and Will Harwood's tenacity was rewarded with a goal to make it 6-0. Ieuan completed his hat-trick soon after. Stevie Foster ran his socks off and deserved his goal to make it 8-0. Goal number nine and “goal of the day” came from Joe Gasse-Coope with a superb strike from the edge of the box to round off a great 9-0 Cromer win. MoM: Nathan Foulser.

NORTH WALSHAM DEVILS U15 lost to Sprowston Lads 5-2. Although this was an uphill battle from the start, absence and illness saw a regrouped Devils put in a brave performance. For the first 19 minutes the Devils matched Sprowston and frustrated their passing game, Walsham not allowing Sprowston time on the ball. The duck was broken when Sprowston broke through in numbers. D Crosby and H Ward worked their socks across the centre of the pitch. Despite some stout defending, especially G Ash, Sprowston eased themselves further ahead with two quick-fire goals. The second half saw the Devils lessen the deficit when F Henley-Hunter outsprinted the defence and hammered the ball home. The game now entered a period of attractive football, with both keepers working well and cancelling each other out. Unfortunately, it fell to an error that allowed Sprowston to regain a three-goal advantage. Soon it was 4-2 when C Daniels broke down the right wing and went alone, cut inside the defence and scored from 15 yards. Late on Sprowston made it safe with a fifth. Despite the scoreline, this was a battling display by all players against an awesome team.

NORTH WALSHAM DEVILS lost to hosts St Andrews Boys 4-3 in wet and blustery conditions. Walsham took the game to St Andrews with chances going begging. St Andrews then broke away, against the run of play, to open the scoring. Then a low cross was neatly volleyed in by D Emery for the Devils. The second half opened with M Seago cracking a 30-yard shot against the bar. With AJ Johnson moving up front, W Baines tucking into defence and D Crosby in central midfield, the game picked up with four goals, two for Henley-Hunter to make the game 3-3. With the game fading out as a draw, an error saw a Sprowston attacker hit a hopeful 20-yard shot as players held off and the ball squirmed off the surface and rolled into the net on 90 minutes. Try as they might, Walsham could not net in added time.

Most Read

EAST COAST WARRIORS U11 visited Hindolveston in terrible wind and rain. Coast took the extra help first, with Hindolveston's best efforts at clearing their lines flying back at them. Lozeau capitalised early with a beautiful curling cross from wide right which slipped through their stopper's hands. He followed up a couple of minutes later with an impressive carbon-copy, which Brown increased, rattling a super volley in for 3-0 at half-time. Both sides, to their credit, came out battling. With the change of ends Hindolveston camped in ECW's patch, and mounted a gritty attack on Coast's back four, amongst whom Reid and Wilkinson were prominent, well matched by battling from Glasgow and captain Lubbock pushing up in midfield. Baker made some deft saves as last line of defence. Coast's first break from the fray produced a fine chip from Lubbock over the goalie for a fourth. The hosts came back strongly and kept up a 15 minute onslaught, with golden chances going begging. Forward runs from Lee and Othon came close, but as both sides tired, Lozeau ran another blinder down the wing to complete his hat-trick, and Lubbock broke near the end to bag a brace. Both teams played determined and gutsy football and Hindolveston were very unlucky not to score. Final score: 6-0.

HOLT U10 travelled to Old Catton in adverse weather conditions. Both teams started the match brightly and solid defending from both sides kept the score at 0-0 half-time. Holt started better in the second half which saw Terry come close with two efforts narrowly missing but the deadlock was broken by Old Catton with an unstoppable shot. Alfie and Cameron worked their socks off in midfield and Alfie was nearly rewarded with a goal, a superb shot just wide. With five minutes to go Holt, cold and tired, let in two more sloppy goals but would have been more but for some great saves by Kyle. All credit to Old Catton who scored again in the last minute to make it 4-0. A very organised side. Holt's defence were magnificent with Jack and Ed. Well done to the rest of the team - Bobby, Sophie and Tyler in horrible conditions. MoM: Ed Holmes and Jack Keerie.