North Norfolk youth scene

EAST COAST WARRIORS U11 faced their toughest match so far this season at home to Old Catton A. Two minutes from the off, Catton's Jones threaded his way neatly through midfield and defence to fire a corker past stunned keeper Baker.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U11 faced their toughest match so far this season at home to Old Catton A. Two minutes from the off, Catton's Jones threaded his way neatly through midfield and defence to fire a corker past stunned keeper Baker. Coast were largely defensive for the next quarter of an hour, with little or nothing getting past the back line, but very little serious progress into the Catton half. A notable exception was an excellent long-distance effort from Richardson, taken by the Catton stopper at full stretch. Strenuous efforts by captain Lubbock, Brown, Lee and Lozeau saw several splendid efforts at wide play, with Lozeau coming close twice. Second half they showed a different spirit and intent, with every ball picked up: Lubbock, Smith, Glasgow, Richardson, Reid and Wilkinson being strong across the back and contributing some good forward runs. Lee dropped a beautiful cross to Lozeau, who ran it in, lobbing a cross over the heads of defence and keeper to level. Catton forced several decent saves from Baker. Another Lee cross led to a carbon-copy high lob from Lozeau out wide for his second, and the lead. Catton broke from the

kick-off, weaving through the Coast defences for Banham to level with a neat shot floated out of Baker's reach. Play continued for another nail-biting quarter of an hour, with numerous strikes runs and rallies from both teams, but finished all square at 2-2 in a match which showcased the strengths of both teams.

HOLT U10 entertained Dereham Town. Holt started slowly and the defending was poor, which allowed Dereham to take the lead. It sparked Holt into life, with some excellent attacking from Tyla and Terry and very impressive midfield work from Cameron and Alfie. Louis came on as sub and made an instant impression with his fifth goal of the season.

The second goal came from one of Cameron's impressive corners, with Ed tapping in off a Dereham defender. Cameron made it 3-1 with some fantastic footwork. In the second half Alfie slotted home Holt's fourth and Cameron scored his second. MoM: Jack Keerie, whose diving save when Holt were 3-1 up was the turning point of the game.

NORTH WALSHAM DEVILS U15 beat Fakenham Town 3-2. With both J Edwards and J Cork missing, the revised defence line adjusted well. The Devils got off to a flying start when C Kerry outsprinted the Fakenham defence following a low crossfield pass and slotted home after only two minutes. D Emery was bossing the back four. Fakenham flooded the midfield allowing their big attackers plenty of chances, although T Knight was in great form, tipping over the bar and around the post on a number of occasions. On 10 minutes Fakenham were awarded a free-kick 25 yards out and the subsequent shot bounced in front of Knight who was caught out on a steadily worsening playing surface. D Crosby and AJ Johnson were busy acting as the pivots for the main play and both M Seago and C Harkness bossing the wings. On 24 minutes FHH picked the ball up 30 yards out, turned and sprinted directly towards the goal before letting fly from 15 yards with an unstoppable shot. Within a few minutes a Fakenham shot was tipped onto the ar by Knight, bounced down onto the goal line and stuck in the mud for Knight to collect. Second half G Ash, H Ward and C Hurst were kept busy, although Knight was well protected in goal. The catalyst for North Walsham was when Fakenham equalised after 57 minutes when they failed to clear a simple cross. From the restart North Walsham went on the offensive, W Baines and C Daniels providing fresh legs on a very heavy surface, and despite spurning a number of chances, C Harkness scored well with four minutes to go. Both keepers then played stoutly. Three wins on the trot now for the Devils.

SHERINGHAM WARRIORS U15 put in one of their best away performances of the season against North Walsham to win 17-1. Jodi Norris was moved to striker with Harry Stamatov just in behind him. Jodi Norris scored twice Jacob Knowles' pace was again causing problems and he went close on a number of occasions. Jacob won a penalty after the keeper brought him down, Shane Cox then made it 3-0 from the spot. Jacob scored twice with his head, one from Shane's corner and one from a cross from Cameron Humphrey. John Reynolds was back in goal for the Sheringham Warriors dealt with everything that came at him. Harry Stamatov was looking really good in his midfield position and he hit two in quick succession to make it 7-0. Will Parker and Tom Harrison down the right linked up really well and created a lot of openings. Jodi Norris scored twice more to take his tally to four for the half and 9-0 to Sheringham Warriors at half-time. The second half started with Jacob Knowles hitting a shot past the keeper to get his hat-trick. Jodi got his fifth of the game with another well-taken shot. Harry Stamatov then got his hat-trick when he picked the ball up down the right and cut inside and hit a superb shot with his left foot which curled in past the keeper to make it 12-0. Ali Burghall at left-back got forward more than he had all season and had good efforts on goal. Harry Carrington and Tommy Bywater at centre-back both looked really accomplished and calm. Jacob scored again to make it and that was quickly followed by Jodi's sixth of the game. Walsham pulled a well taken goal back to make it 14-1. Will Parker then cut in from the right and unselfishly squared the ball for Tom Todd to stroke the ball into the net. Jacob scored another when he rose to head in Shane's corner. From Josh Glister's penalty the keeper guessed right and pulled off a fine save. Shane Cox finished it off when he headed in from Tommy Bywaters cross. The Walsham keeper pulled off a string of good saves.

Most Read

STALHAM U12A were at home to Holt where a win would see them go seven points clear at the top of the table. Holt were the first to score after 16 minutes when Stalham failed to clear the ball from their box. Stalham continued to battle and just before half-time were rewarded with a great, well-worked goal; some superb passing amongst the team led to a fine header from Aiden to Matti, allowing him to bury the ball into the back of the net. The second half Stalham continued with their great team play and scored after just two minutes. Some neat passing throughout the team again led to Dom M putting a great ball out wide to Adam whose cross fell for Matti to find the back of the net. A minute later Stalham got their third when Ryan put a well-timed ball out wide to Matti whose cross found Aiden who directed his header low past the keeper into the bottom corner - a great display of football. The rest of the game was a battle. Stalham's defence of Dom P, Kieran and Tom worked hard, with Tom having a great game. Joel in goal pulled off some brilliant saves and came out and made a couple of brave challenges. Final score: Stalham A 3, Holt 1. PoM: Aiden for a great battling performance in the middle. Stalham's manager and assistant manager are very proud of the boys for the determination shown from every single player for the second week running.

NORTH WALSHAM ANGELS U13 GIRLS travelled to Norwich and lost 1-0 to Costessey Girls. Angels did most of the attacking throughout the match and it seemed only a matter of time before they scored. However, some tough defending and good goalkeeping kept them at bay. The points were snatched away when in the final minute when the home side were awarded a corner and from the kick the ball went into the net off an Angels player.

MUNDESLEY YOUTH U16 travelled to Old Catton Juniors and due to injuries, and other call offs, could only muster 10 players. However, they won 6-3. They took the lead within 30 seconds - Jamie Nibari chipping the ball over the defence for Joe Culley to run on and score into the bottom right corner. They netted a second when Liam Amos headed in a corner kick from Darryl Daglass then Daglass himself chipped the keeper for No 3. The best goal of the match made the half-time score 4-0. Liam Amos sent Culley awayagain and he clipped the ball in off the upright with the outside of his right foot. With Nibari having a tremendous match in defence Mundesley were well on top and Liam Amos converted a low cross from Culley for the fifth goal. The home side rallied and scored twice in quick succession but Liam Amos completed his hat-trick from a Hayden Wells cross. There was just time for Old Catton to score a third.

CROMER YOUTH U11 faced a tenacious Old Catton side but maintained their unbeaten record with a hard-fought 6-1 victory on a heavy, unforgiving pitch. The Cromer boys soon laid siege to the Old Catton goal and took the lead after five minutes through Jake Zelos. Waves of Cromer chances were thwarted until the ball fell to Jack Chapman who stroked the Cromer team into a 2-0 lead with a delightful shot to the top corner. Minutes later, Jack scored his second to give Cromer a comfortable 3-0 half-time lead. In the second half, Catton sneaked a goal. But the Cromer defence stood firm, Chris Attew had a fine game, as did Jake Zelos who was re-introduced into the line up after 10 minutes and scored Cromer's fourth with his first touch. Moments later, Zeke Downes made it 5-1 when he rounded the keeper to score the goal of the day and Adam Spruce, completed the scoring with a brave header from a superb Stevie Foster corner. Man of the match: Jake Zelos.

EAST COAST U9 travelled to Thorpe and suffered their first defeat of the season. Thorpe opened the scoring early and L Simmons equalised with a run through on goal. L Copeman hit the bar just before half-time which denied East Coast the lead. Despite some determined work in midfield from J Hunter, R Tucker and R Porter-Davis, strong defending from T Redgrave and the reliable J Long and some acrobatic saves from A Neath, Thorpe managed to score three more. East Coast failed to make the most of their goal chances and Thorpe thoroughly deserved their victory. Final score: 4-1 to Thorpe.

HOLT UNITED U10 travelled to Dereham Town and maintained their unbeaten ways. Holt started brightly with some fantastic footwork from Louis and some majestic passing from Alfie to set up Cameron to tap home the first goal. Midfield maestro Alfie with a great individual goal made it 2-0. Ed,Tyla and Louis went very close but it was just 2-0 at half-time. Second half saw Sophie go close with two chances. Hard work from Terry saw him chase down the ball but the midfield of Alfie, Cameron and Louis was magical and the defending by Bobby, Ed and Kyle was superb. In the last minute Jack made a fantastic save to tip a Dereham effort over the bar. Final score 2-0. It was a fine team performance but MoM went to Kyle Batey and Alfie Harrod.

HOLT U10 entertained Dereham Town and entertain they did. Holt started slowly and the defending was poor which allowed Dereham to take the lead. It sparked Holt into life with some excellent attacking from Tyla and Terry and very impressive midfield work from Cameron and Alfie. Louis came on as sub and made an instant impression with his fifth goal of the season. The second goal came from Cameron's impressive corners and Ed tapped in off a Dereham defender. Cameron made it 3-1 with some fantastic footwork. Holt carried on the second half with Alfie slotting home. Joe was solid in defence with Ed and Bobby, which enabled Cameron to score his second. Turning point of the game at 3-1 up was Jack's amazing diving save. Well done to Kyle and Sophie who supported the team well. MoM: Jack Keerie.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U10 travelled to Thorpe to play Soccer Stars U10 and won 8-2. The first half started evenly, with C Craske and L Goodrum busy in defence, as was S Howell in goal. At half-time the score was 2-1, with two excellent goals for A Little. In the second half the Warriors took command with the midfield of T Oxley, J Boggis, A Galley and A Little linking up well with J Stearman up front. There was a goal for Galley and five for Stearman, with Soccer Stars pulling one back near the end.