Pukki snatched at late chance to be City’s hero against Liverpool
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest NCFC player watch concentrated on TEEMU PUKKI as the striker chased his 12th goal of the season during defeat to Liverpool
6 - Kenny McLean uses the wind with a long ball forward but Pukki slips just as it looks like he's in behind Joe Gomez.
8 - Nice little spell from City, Sam Byram pushes high and McLean fills in at left-back, Duda with a sharp pass to Pukki, who spreads left to Todd Cantwell but Trent Alexander-Arnold clears against him for a goal-kick.
11 - McLean with a great burst forward and tries to thread in Pukki but the Finn is just offside.
18 - Clever back-heel on halfway to Duda, eventually Christoph Zimmermann goes long towards Pukki but Alexander-Arnold beats him to head back to Reds keeper Alisson.
You may also want to watch:
31 - Drops deep to help Lukas Rupp but gets into trouble as he tries to turn on the ball and is robbed by Georginio Wijnaldum.
36 - Wonderful pass forward from McLean puts Rupp clean through, but opts to tee up Pukki, under-hits the pass and Alisson can swipe clear - VAR would probably have denied for offside against Rupp anyway.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
45+2 - Zimmermann long ball and Alexander-Arnold gets lucky as he nods down and the ball clips his heels but away from a lurking Pukki.
47 - Lovely control on the chest from Duda, but turns away from Pukki as the striker started running down the left.
52 - Jordan Henderson's wayward pass allows Pukki to attack on the left, passes infield to Cantwell, who is crowded out as he tries to shoot.
54 - Cantwell does well to rob Alexander-Arnold, Jamal Lewis clears and Pukki flicks on nicely to Duda, Alex Tettey can't get the ball through to the advancing Pukki on the left though.
62 - Cheers for the Finland star as he charges after Alexander-Arnold and forces a throw.
65 - Lovely feet from Cantwell and Lewis but Pukki gets his pass wrong to Duda and Sadio Mane breaks, pinball ensues in the City box, it's a scramble but eventually it's Pukki back to block a cross behind for a corner.
67 - Corner cleared and Tettey nods away, Pukki just gets there to prod to Cantwell on the left and 'On the Ball City' rings out as the academy product wins a throw trying to counter.
75 - Cantwell gets a bit of luck and Lewis streaks clear, cuts back on to his left but blasts his shot against Pukki's thigh.
89 - Drops deep to exchange passes with Zimmermann, McLean finds Emi Buendia and a typical through-ball from the substitute gets Pukki running through on goal, but powerful shot from the edge of the box is straight into Alisson's grateful arms.
VERDICT: Worked his socks off, as usual, but wasn't able to steal the show with late opportunity as he finally broke free of Virgil van Dijk. Plenty of good link play but few chances as the champions-in-waiting dictated proceedings.
RATING: 6 out of 10