Our Canaries reporters review a painful defeat to Southampton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was a painful return to action for Norwich City last night, leaving plenty to be discussed in our post-match Zoom conference.
Paddy Davitt, David Freezer and Connor Southwell were among the 300 people able to attend the behind closed doors game, as the Premier League’s three-month break comes to an end amid the UK’s recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, our correspondents are still working from home and practising social distancing so they were holding their usual post-match podcast debrief via a Zoom video conference.
That meant City fans could join in, both by watching their conversation following the 3-0 defeat and by posing questions or offering their own opinion about the events of Friday night.
City were drawing 0-0 at half-time but two goals in five minutes from Danny Ings and Stuart Armstrong early in the second half put the Saints in control, with former Canaries winger Nathan Redmond completing the job in the 79th minute.
You may also want to watch:
- You can catch up on their post-match debrief in the video above
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League