Who was your man-of-the-match during City’s 1-1 home draw with Preston?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Another strong performance from centre-back Grant Hanley saw the Scot claim our man-of-the-match award after Norwich City’s 1-1 home draw with Preston, do you agree?
The big defender has now started City’s last three matches, with injury to Timm Klose seeing him play alongside Christoph Zimmermann against North End.
Some vital blocks, particularly from Tom Barthuizen late in the first half, and going close with a header from a James Maddison corner saw the former Blackburn and Newcastle man play a key part in the game.
He then bailed out Zimmermann’s sloppy play in the 69th minute, bravely denying Jordan Hugill but conceding a corner, from which the visitors equalised.
Maddison pushed him close for the award after a superb free-kick in the 34th minute had set City on the path to victory, only to be denied by Barkhuizen in the 70th minute.
You may also want to watch:
The playmaker also slipped Wes Hoolahan through for a chance to make it 2-0 early in the second half but the Irishman was denied by a fine Ben Davies tackle.
Hoolahan also put in one of his brightest displays this season while Harrison Reed put in another tenacious shift, despite battling against a foot issue which caused him to have a late fitness test.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
• Who was your man-of-the-match? Cast your vote in the poll above