Watch highlights of Norwich City’s victory over Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City enjoyed their first Carrow Road victory since February when they deservedly beat Birmingham 1-0 last night - and now you can watch the highlights of that dominant performance.
City enjoyed 73 percent of possession against a Birmingham team set up to defend by Aitor Karanka in a 5-4-1 formation but couldn’t force the breakthrough until the 87th minute, with one of their 23 efforts at goal.
The Blues had been reduced to 10 men just before the goal, as Adam Clayton earned his second yellow card after Todd Cantwell had nipped in front of him to win the ball in the 85th minute, having earned his first for clipping Lukas Rupp from behind early in the second half.
Cantwell, back in the team after a three-game absence, had City’s best three chances of the game and also saw a goal disallowed correctly for offside.
But it wasn’t until Rupp stole possession from Birmingham striker Scott Hogan that the breakthrough emerged, with Emi Buendia threading Adam Idah into the box and Vrancic sweeping a low shot into the net just as the youngster was about to pull the trigger.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first back-to-back wins for City since May 2019 and the first home win since beating Leicester 1-0 in the Premier League in late February.
- Take a look at the highlights and our verdict in the videos above, and let us know your man of the match in the poll above
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round