‘Imagine being gutted that we didn’t beat Arsenal!’ - City fans positive after entertaining draw with Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters are left wondering about what might have been following the Canaries hard-fought draw with Arsenal at Carrow Road.
City took the lead twice but were unable to see out victory against the Gunners, who were re-energised after the dismissal of Unai Emery last week.
Teemu Pukki ended his eight-game run without a goal as his deflected effort put the Canaries in the lead in the 22nd minute. The Finn's converted effort arrived through a decisive City counter-attack after some fine work from Kenny McLean.
VAR took centre stage after awarding Arsenal a penalty after adjudging Christoph Zimmermann handled in the area. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang missed the initial effort but VAR ordered it be retaken after encroachment from City's Max Aarons.
Aubameyang converted the second effort but City restored their lead prior to half-time as Cantwell confidently slotted home after another Onel Hernandez burst forward.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal's captain was left unmarked to lash home an equaliser in the second half to ensure a share of the spoils for Freddie Ljungberg in his first game as Arsenal's interim head coach.
- Read City supporters verdict on the draw both above and below.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts