Norwich and District Saturday Football League: Wensum Albion 3, UEA A 2
Saturday saw the second meeting of these two teams in as many weeks as Albion took revenge for a defeat to the students seven days ago, beating a UEA team for the first time in many years and continuing their excellent home form.
Albion took the game to the visitors and pressed with and without possession. UEA had the ball in the back of the net on 15 minutes only to see the goal chalked off for offside.
A legitimate goal soon followed when a UEA midfielder saw his shot deflected into the Albion net to put them 1-0 up.
Albion passed the ball well and were rewarded with an equaliser when a Leeper free kick was parried by the goalkeeper into the path of Sam Littleboy who side footed in from close range.
Leeper grabbed a goal of his own before the break, a superb half volley that eluded the UEA keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started well for the home side who restricted the UEA to long range efforts but when their striker was fed the ball he turned and curled a good finish past Chard in the Albion goal.
At the other end Jake Jenner was shoved in the area with his back turned to goal and a penalty was awarded. Jut Philo converted the spot kick as Albion took the lead yet again with 15 minutes remaining.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 9 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
UEA applied the pressure for the remainder of the game as the whole Albion side defended valiantly, Farrow clearing off the line as the home side held on for an outstanding victory.