Norwich and District Saturday Football League: Wensum Albion 3, UEA A 2
Saturday saw the second meeting of these two teams in as many weeks as Albion took revenge for a defeat to the students seven days ago, beating a UEA team for the first time in many years and continuing their excellent home form.
Albion took the game to the visitors and pressed with and without possession. UEA had the ball in the back of the net on 15 minutes only to see the goal chalked off for offside.
A legitimate goal soon followed when a UEA midfielder saw his shot deflected into the Albion net to put them 1-0 up.
Albion passed the ball well and were rewarded with an equaliser when a Leeper free kick was parried by the goalkeeper into the path of Sam Littleboy who side footed in from close range.
Leeper grabbed a goal of his own before the break, a superb half volley that eluded the UEA keeper.
The second half started well for the home side who restricted the UEA to long range efforts but when their striker was fed the ball he turned and curled a good finish past Chard in the Albion goal.
At the other end Jake Jenner was shoved in the area with his back turned to goal and a penalty was awarded. Jut Philo converted the spot kick as Albion took the lead yet again with 15 minutes remaining.
- 1 Smith braced for a late transfer window twist
- 2 'Should be winning these games' - City fans react to Hull loss
- 3 Byram key to City's left back injury curse
- 4 No need to panic says City chief Smith after Hull defeat
- 5 Hanley adamant City are moving in the right direction despite Hull loss
- 6 HULL 2 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Hull City 2-1 Canaries
- 8 Those ever-changing moods...
- 9 Villa ace Ramsey was a prime City target
- 10 Norwich City unveil 2022/23 third kit
UEA applied the pressure for the remainder of the game as the whole Albion side defended valiantly, Farrow clearing off the line as the home side held on for an outstanding victory.