Norwich and District Saturday Football League: Wensum Albion 3, UEA A 2
Saturday saw the second meeting of these two teams in as many weeks as Albion took revenge for a defeat to the students seven days ago, beating a UEA team for the first time in many years and continuing their excellent home form.
Albion took the game to the visitors and pressed with and without possession. UEA had the ball in the back of the net on 15 minutes only to see the goal chalked off for offside.
A legitimate goal soon followed when a UEA midfielder saw his shot deflected into the Albion net to put them 1-0 up.
Albion passed the ball well and were rewarded with an equaliser when a Leeper free kick was parried by the goalkeeper into the path of Sam Littleboy who side footed in from close range.
Leeper grabbed a goal of his own before the break, a superb half volley that eluded the UEA keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started well for the home side who restricted the UEA to long range efforts but when their striker was fed the ball he turned and curled a good finish past Chard in the Albion goal.
At the other end Jake Jenner was shoved in the area with his back turned to goal and a penalty was awarded. Jut Philo converted the spot kick as Albion took the lead yet again with 15 minutes remaining.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
UEA applied the pressure for the remainder of the game as the whole Albion side defended valiantly, Farrow clearing off the line as the home side held on for an outstanding victory.