Oliveira, Marshall and Husband left out as Canaries announce Premier League squad numbers
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Squad numbers for the Premier League season have been confirmed by Norwich City, with three fringe players notably absent from the first-team squad list.
Right-back Max Aarons takes the number two shirt after his breakthrough season, previously assigned to Ivo Pinto, and captain Grant Hanley claims the vacant number five shirt.
New signings Patrick Roberts and Josip Drmic have taken seven and 20 respectively. Onel Hernandez moves from 25 to 11 - previously occupied by Jordan Rhodes - and Todd Cantwell from 36 to 14, a number left vacant last season after the departure of the legendary Wes Hoolahan.
Otherwise the rest of the numbers remain largely settled - with star striker Teemu Pukki sticking with shirt 22 and Argentine ace Emi Buendia with 17.
But there is no squad number currently for Nelson Oliveira, Ben Marshall and James Husband, after all three finished last season out on loan - suggesting they may well be leaving the club.
Oliveira is out of favour under head coach Daniel Farke and spent the second half of last season with Championship club Reading. The Portugal international striker is in the final year of his contract and is expected to leave, with Greek side AEK Athens the latest club to be linked.
You may also want to watch:
Left-back Husband, signed in 2017, spent almost all of last season with League One club Fleetwood and is behind Jamal Lewis and January signing Philip Heise in the pecking order.
Norwich City report card: Casualties of success were left on the fringes of title fun
Marshall was signed from Wolves last summer for a reported fee of around £1.5miliion but his move didn't work out and he spent the second half of the season on loan at Championship side Millwall.
While all three players are under contract and expected to report back to Colney during pre-season, it's unclear whether they will be training with the first team before Farke's squad fly out to Germany for a training camp on Friday, July 12.
The squad numbers have been confirmed following the players returning for fitness testing and the start of training at the start of this week, and the launch of the club's new home kit at 9am on Saturday, ahead of a signing session with Alex Tettey and Christoph Zimmermann at Jarrold Intersport in Norwich in the afternoon.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
- NCFC 2019-20 SQUAD NUMBERS
1 Tim Krul
2 Max Aarons
4 Ben Godfrey
5 Grant Hanley (C)
6 Christoph Zimmermann
7 Patrick Roberts
8 Mario Vrancic
10 Moritz Leitner
11 Onel Hernandez
12 Jamal Lewis
14 Todd Cantwell
15 Timm Klose
16 Philip Heise
17 Emi Buendia
18 Marco Stiepermann
19 Tom Trybull
20 Josip Drmic
22 Teemu Pukki
23 Kenny McLean
27 Alex Tettey
32 Dennis Srbeny
33 Michael McGovern (GK)
34 Louis Thompson
38 Aston Oxborough (GK)